Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Black Diamond lift 3 in.

Old 04-30-2008, 04:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black Diamond lift 3 in.

Has anyone had to add anything else with this kit. I already have shocks, it is bewteen this and the teraflex 3 in. but it looks like the bd had the front track bar.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

anybody?? Is there a big diffrence in the two. I have searched and can find a little about the tera but not much on the BD
Old 05-01-2008, 07:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

There are some other threads on here about the BLACK DIAMOND LIFT,
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/3-diamond-lift-good-bad-33849/ ON page 6 I tell about my install.. new front shocks are on and I LOVE IT, GREAT RIDE, VERY CLOSE TO FACTORY RIDE , but not to soft. Im very happy.. More pics under My project- jk .
Old 05-20-2008, 09:16 PM
JK Newbie

Default I have researched all I can...

What do you think about this lift with 36" iroks. I have seen a great deal of posts about 35" and 37" tires but cannot find what it would take to fit the
36's, so what do yall think? I know one is using this lift and a 1 inch body lift with 37's, so it should fit. I want to fit the iroks correctly but do not want to increase my center of gravity or angles anymore than needed. Some trimming would be fine though. Any input?
Old 05-21-2008, 04:06 AM
JK Newbie

I have the BD 3 inch lift on my 4 door with 36 Iroks. I have upper and lower adjustable control arms added to mine. Rockrunner lowers and teraflex uppers. I do suggest you trim the front pinch seam in the rear fender wells if you do any sort of wheeling. heres a pick:
Old 05-21-2008, 04:10 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by High-Roller
I have the BD 3 inch lift on my 4 door with 36 Iroks. I have upper and lower adjustable control arms added to mine. Rockrunner lowers and teraflex uppers. I do suggest you trim the front pinch seam in the rear fender wells if you do any sort of wheeling. heres a pick:
Sweet ride.....
Old 05-21-2008, 02:53 PM
JK Newbie

Pardon my ignorance but I have never had a jeep without leaf springs. What is the benefit or need of replacing the control arms?
Old 05-21-2008, 03:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Put SS brake lines and swaybar quick disconets later do the driveshafts
and control arms
Old 05-21-2008, 05:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

in the middle of installing my black diamond 3" on my four door...

i will probably buy a rear adjustable track bar instead of using the relocation bracket. it apprears that using the relocation bracket causes enough stress to rip off the stock attachment tab in many cases.

i agree with the other post as well...if you really wheel you will want a set of quick disconnects as well.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:00 PM
JK Newbie

Default Thank you all

I guess I can wait on the control arms for now. I have a Rubicon so will not need the disconnects but I will need the ss brake lines. I have heard some are relocating their brake lines. I am glad you said something, but I have heard many different things about the track bar. I am a little lost on that.

Quick Reply: Black Diamond lift 3 in.