Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Black Diamond or FT 3" Lift

Old 12-02-2007, 04:43 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rebel Heart
Great information. Thank you.

Will I need to order different drive shafts? My offroading will be at a minimum.
That depends on how high you go, if you have a 2dr or 4dr, and an automatic or manual transmission. What do yo have?
Old 12-03-2007, 07:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dlackdiamond and Fulltraction real lift height 3" kit

I have a 2dr JK i want to know the real lift 3" or 4" for decision of buying the lift
Old 12-03-2007, 09:03 AM
JK Freak

I have a 2-door, manual tranny. I am looking at a FT 3" lift. Thanks.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:21 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With a 2 door you will be okay for a while with the 3" lift. Mine has been on for about 7000 miles. It helps if you have adjustable control arms to adjust the proper rear pinion angle so it will last longer. With a 4" lift I think you may want to consider new drive shafts with the 2 door.

Manual transmissions dont create a problem. The auto transmission hits the rubber boot and tears it off leaving your front driveshaft accessable to the elements. The boot also holds in the lubrication. An after market driveshaft eliminates this problem as they are smaller in diameter and don't bump into the auto transmission case. This happpens with the extra flex you get out of the taller lifts.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:39 PM
JK Freak

I will probably try it without changing drive shafts. Appreciate all the help with this one.

Quick Reply: Black Diamond or FT 3" Lift