Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Black Diamond 2" BB - Swaybar Question

Old 11-06-2008, 02:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black Diamond 2" BB - Swaybar Question

Calling on advise from the lift Gods/ I installed the BD 2" BB a month ago. I am installing shocks tomorrow. When I installed the lift, I left the factory coil isolator in place to even up the front end rake, so effectively a 3" lift on front and 2" on rear.

Question is: Do I have to get extended swaybar links for the front because of the 3"? or am I only being limited by 1" in articulation if I keep the stock links on? First and foremost, I dont want to cause any damage to my unit.

Thing rides wonderful, and I dont want to throw money at something without need.

Thanks.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Come on folks. Nobody has an answer to this??
Old 11-07-2008, 03:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Really, nobody??
Old 11-07-2008, 03:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

any time i offroad i disconnect my front swaybar. if you do that then you dont have to worry about it limiting your flex. you are not going to cause any damage by keeping the links that you have. just get a set od quick disconnects and your current links will be fine.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:26 PM
JK Junkie

If you disconnect you will be fine, if you don't you may overextend the swaybar and it will rotate frontward and break....don't ask how I know this....I ended up getting Currie rear adjustables and moving my rears to the front.....now I have TeraFlex discos on the front.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks. I have the rubicon with the push button disconnect.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:13 AM
JK Newbie

I have the rough country 2.5 bb. I stopped in at the 4wdparts store in Coppell, TX and asked that same question - they claimed I did not need the extended sway arms, assuming I did disconnect when flexing. I still think I will try to pick up a pair as their is quite an angle on the front links. I hear the stock rears will line the front up almost perfect after a 2.5/3" lift.
ps. I have a Rubi so disconnects are a non issue.

RB
Old 11-08-2008, 06:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RubiRedRider
I have the rough country 2.5 bb. I stopped in at the 4wdparts store in Coppell, TX and asked that same question - they claimed I did not need the extended sway arms, assuming I did disconnect when flexing. I still think I will try to pick up a pair as their is quite an angle on the front links. I hear the stock rears will line the front up almost perfect after a 2.5/3" lift.
ps. I have a Rubi so disconnects are a non issue.

RB
Thanks for the local info. Thanks everyone else also !

What is the store name in Coppell ? I would like to move the rears forward, and do the adjustable on the rear like you did. What did they cost you? Do they have a recommended length for a 2" rear lift?

Quick Reply: Black Diamond 2" BB - Swaybar Question