Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bilstein stabilizer pulling to left

Old 11-28-2012, 09:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bilstein stabilizer pulling to left

I had read about this issue before but it hit home today. After installing lift and numerous adjustments jeep would pull left at highway speeds when i let go of the wheel. A quick swap of the bilstein 5100 stabilizer for an old man emu stabilizer and BAM, perfect straight ride .
Old 11-29-2012, 02:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Mine has a Bilstein and it doesn't pull to the left.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:42 AM
JK Newbie

i run the the Old Man Emu, no strays
Old 11-29-2012, 09:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just installed the OME on mine and I'm very happy with it.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:06 AM
JK Forum Regional Rep

I run the Bilstein SS and it does pull a little cruising on the road. It constantly applies pressure to expand the shock. I ran a Teraflex SS for a little bit and didn't see the pulling. I'm back with a Bilstein for a better fit with my sterring linkage.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:58 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Try loosening the tie rod mount, then turning the wheel all the way to the right & slide the tie-rod mount all the way until the piston is compressed. Tighten down and see if that solves the pulling.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the bilstein and it doesn't pull either way. Not trying to be a jerk but isn't this just in how a person sets the stabilizer? I mean if the steering wheels pulls to the left adjust the connection of the stabilizer to the tie rod towards the passenger side a little bit, and if it pulls towards the right adjust the connection towards the drivers side a little bit?
Old 11-29-2012, 11:49 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by navin r
I have the bilstein and it doesn't pull either way. Not trying to be a jerk but isn't this just in how a person sets the stabilizer? I mean if the steering wheels pulls to the left adjust the connection of the stabilizer to the tie rod towards the passenger side a little bit, and if it pulls towards the right adjust the connection towards the drivers side a little bit?
Yes, you're right. However, some people unknowingly just swap in a new stabilizer without making proper adjustments for it. I simply posted it for educational purposes.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

I got a 510o put on yesterday w/ a 3.5" RE lift and 5100 shocks. I told the shop I was going to return the SS to quadratec and order a new dual through the shop (who could of made a sale) and he told me they run Bilstein SS on all their jeeps (it's a jeep shop) and to keep it. as of yesterday no issue's of pulling to the left, took my hands off the steering wheel at 70 and rides straight as an arrow. Very happy with my set-up, and looks amazing. Think I got atleast 4" of lift out the kit, maybe will settle some.

Quick Reply: Bilstein stabilizer pulling to left