Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bilstein shock problems

Old 08-07-2016, 02:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bilstein shock problems

I'm in the process of installing a lift, but I can't get the front Bilstein 5100s to fit. The shock body makes contact with the frame. I wasn't aware of this issue, but I know there are brackets that extend the shock outward from the bottom.

Do I require these brackets or am I somehow going about this wrong? Thanks for any help, need to get this done as soon as possible.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3631834059.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	499.6 KB
ID:	654104  
Old 08-07-2016, 02:17 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

If you're in the process of a lift and you're having contact issues then something is wrong with your track bar length.

The shock relocation brackets are a good idea regardless but you need the front axle centered under the jeep before you go any further.
Old 08-07-2016, 02:21 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

I'm guessing you have one side drooped and the other side up. Install the shocks with axle level. I use the Jks brackets work great best price was northridge4x4
Old 08-07-2016, 03:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys for the help. I lifted the axle high enough to center everything up. Still close but good enough for the street.

Quick Reply: Bilstein shock problems