Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bilstein or King?

Old 02-12-2012, 08:29 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bilstein or King?

Hi guys,

I was wondering if any of all you have experience with both or know any feedback about them and which could be better (overall= heat soak resistent, firmest, long lasting components, etc) between these two models which I'm looking for a lift of 2" for a Jk Rubicon used mainly for sand/dunes use and not for rockcrawling. That means sporty/fast driving in the sand/dunes, lot of irregular roads, etc etc. but att he same time it's a daily driver Jeep so I wouldn't like a super stiff nor bouncy Jeep for the daily use, just firmer overall. I know it has to go with some good matching coil springs, so no problem there.

Well here are they, not sure what are the PRON & CONS of both...

Suggestions?

Thanks

http://www.quadratec.com/products/16270_002X_PG.htm

Pair at US$475

Click image for larger version

Name:	145049-lg.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	277080

http://www.quadratec.com/products/16070_3101.htm

Each at US$ 199

Click image for larger version

Name:	148220-lg.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	277083
Old 02-12-2012, 09:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Based on your usage and lift specs I'd just stick with bilstein 5100s front and rear for 2-3" lift specs at $80/each. My 2 cents.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mmcc
Based on your usage and lift specs I'd just stick with bilstein 5100s front and rear for 2-3" lift specs at $80/each. My 2 cents.
X2.. no need for the overbuild if thats what you are looking for. I run 5100s and plush till i get them on dirt roads at speed, then I want Kings.. Kings 2.5 in my future but for now happy with the 5100s.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:44 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the input guys, but I would like to stick with either of these two models/brands in particular. I have experience in the past with regular well known brand shocks and for what I used to do with my modified XJ in the past, I know I will regret if I go with the 5100 sometime soon, rather spend more only once and get one of these sets Just would like to hear more details/feedback from all you.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Bilstein or King?