Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bilstein HD steering Stabilizer, Should I get one?

Old 06-16-2012, 04:03 AM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by OH9JK
That is marketing hype...a properly setup suspension system can run without a steering stabilizer.

This is true. So many rigs out there setup improperly. I've ran without a SS for two years now, first with 35s and now with 37s. The only time I notice that I may want to add one is if I hit a bad bump at 35-45mph. The steering wheel shimmies just a bit but that's it. But yeah, if you want to make it "look" better then get the Fox or Bilstein.
Old 11-22-2012, 04:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4

This is not true. The bilstein is charged so you will have a slight pull to the left . You need to be aware of this as some people hate that .

David
Its true... Thebilstein ( at least mine ) is overcharged and fully extends on its own like a true shock... The effect is apush to the left on the tierod... Which creates aleft 'pull' or drift. There was one prick on here who refused to believe so i took vids.

Quick Reply: Bilstein HD steering Stabilizer, Should I get one?