Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bikini Tops, mesh or not?

Old 05-16-2009, 05:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Go with the solid if you dont have a soft top...just in case.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bikini top

I read your post, I just purchased a spiderweb top that only cost me
$85 I will keep you informed on how it works when I get home. The website is www.spiderwebshade.com check it out.

Last edited by Robar; 05-17-2009 at 10:25 AM. Reason: PLEASE DO NOT POST DIRECT NON SPONSOR LINKS
Old 05-17-2009, 05:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by islndboynic
I read your post, I just purchased a spiderweb top that only cost me
$85 I will keep you informed on how it works when I get home. The website is www.spiderwebshade.com check it out.
...or just make your own like I'm gonna do.

Last edited by Robar; 05-17-2009 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Edited direct link
Old 05-17-2009, 09:12 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get a Nack, and get more than just a top.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:47 AM
JK Newbie

I bought the Mopar one. I just drove to Myrtle Beach and back from Virginia. I must say, it doesn't flap at all! I even hit some heavy thunder storms and very little rain came inside, maybe a mist hear or there. I have yet to unpack the soft-top for mine. In fact I took it completely off. It's bikini in the spring and summer and hardtop in fall and winter for me. It is complete...clamps where the stock top would along the windshield. Goes on in about 5 minutes.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the mesh top from quadratech and love it. I do have a soft top also so if it rains I just put it up. The mesh top does make a huge difference with the sun. The solid is just like having the soft top with out the windows and a waste of money to me.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for all of the input...

Since it hardly rains in my part of the country I decided to go with the Rampage Combo Mesh Top;

I'll let you know how I like it...

http://www.quadratec.com/products/11023_13XX_PG.htm#
Old 05-19-2009, 05:14 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by sniper41
checked it out and it looks nice BUT do you have a 2 or 4 dr? Site looks like it's for 2 dr only? I only have a soft top and would like this if it'll work. Let me know when you can- thanks!
I just ordered the 4dr version from them last week. I installed it yesterday and it works great! The nice thing about the spiderweb top is that it does not interfere with the soft top. You can leave the mesh top on all the time and just put the soft top on when it looks like rain. I've only had mine for 24 hours, but so far it looks like a good purchase.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:11 AM
JK Jedi

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

We have a Trektop for full coverage, and finally used our Bestop Mesh Bikini for the first time at the So CA newbie run last weekend in blazing 96 degree heat. We loved it. It cut the sun and kept it cool, but still gave that open air feel. We made the 3 hour drive north with the Trektop and quickly took it off, switched out the header, and put on the bikini when we arrived. Left the mesh on for the drive home on the freeway and no flapping whatsoever. We are very happy with it. However, like others said, the downside is not being waterproof. We get marine layer/heavy mist in the early AM, so that first night when we got home we had to throw a car cover over it so as not to turn our dusty interior into mud
Old 05-19-2009, 05:14 PM
JK Newbie

I just got the spiderweb top a few days ago. Easy install, and can still use my soft/hard top over it. Really keeps the cabin cooler when parked. Takes the edge off the direct sun. Does not flap around too much. Just a little slapping against the sound bar under high wind situations. I would recommend this product.

Quick Reply: Bikini Tops, mesh or not?