Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bikini/softtop that seals around header and goors?

Old 03-28-2015, 03:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny. Actually already have a poncho in the center console just in case...
Old 09-02-2016, 05:43 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by silversurfer575
Doesnt help you but I have a 2012 2 door. I bought a set of 2007 door surrounds, then the old version mopar sun bonnet (has hard plastic sewed into the sides so it snaps into the door surrounds) I then have 2 options for the rear. I run a duster deck cover, then I have the strap on rear window. Top straps to the roll bar, sides snap into the side of the door surround channel, and the bottom zips to the deck cover. This setup works perfect. Dry in the rain, and warm in cold. I run the sun bonnet and deck cover spring to winter along with the mopar half doors. Pack the back window in a clover patch roll. Pack the half door tops if traveling far from home and if there is a chance of rain. I run the hard top and full doors on for real cold months. Works well.
I have a 2014 JJU, I have been searching to see if anyone has fit the sun bonnet advertised for the 2007-2009 JKU on a newer model. I also have door surrounds from a 2008 that bolt right on. Sounds like you have answered my question, were there any other figment issues, such as the footman loop on the windshield header. One thread mentioned that may be in the wrong spot.
Thanks for any info you can provide.

MORedJeep
Old 09-08-2016, 07:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MORedJp
I have a 2014 JJU, I have been searching to see if anyone has fit the sun bonnet advertised for the 2007-2009 JKU on a newer model. I also have door surrounds from a 2008 that bolt right on. Sounds like you have answered my question, were there any other figment issues, such as the footman loop on the windshield header. One thread mentioned that may be in the wrong spot. Thanks for any info you can provide. MORedJeep
I believe the middle footman loop on the 07-09 was off center. I have a 2010 and it is centered. So I think I would work. On my 2 door I actually run the best top wrap around wind jammer. So I had to cut the two sides of the y strap that connect to the center footman loop and put buckles in. So worst case you may have to do so adjusting of the y strap. But I doubt it.
Old 09-09-2016, 06:17 AM
JK Newbie

I have a 2011 2 door and it came with a Bestop Trektop. It was the original one so it's just all one piece. I'm not sure what year it is I'm assuming 2011. The only hardware is the header attached to the fabric, metal door surrounds, and tailgate bar. When I took it off, I just flipped the windows up onto the roof and rolled it back as tight as I could. It ends up being fairly small all rolled up. I recently got a slightly used Bestop supertop with the twill and the frame because I sold my hard top and I just didn't know how the trektop would hold up in a New England winter with no frame. I'm keeping the Trektop as a backup in case anything happens to my new one. But I would look into the trektops. I don't know anything about the new versions but mine is super easy to put on and off takes less than 5 minutes and is much smaller rolled up than a traditional soft top. You can probably even roll it up and fit it on the floor in the back seat. If you have a JKU it will probably be a bit bigger but still much smaller than a factory soft top. Here are some pictures of it on and rolled up in the back. Once it's rolled up, it's not actually attached to anything so you can just lift it out and store it somewhere else until you needed it again.
Click image for larger version

Name:	image2(1).PNG
Views:	183
Size:	868.6 KB
ID:	656368Click image for larger version

Name:	image1(1).PNG
Views:	134
Size:	1,020.9 KB
ID:	656369
Sorry the pics aren't the best but it's all I can find with that top. I'm not sure if this is what your looking for at all but hope it helps!

Quick Reply: Bikini/softtop that seals around header and goors?