Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

bigger tires with replacement flares?

Old 01-13-2011, 04:20 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default bigger tires with replacement flares?

I'd like to step up to 33's or 35's with my stock Rubicon, but I don't want to lift it. Has anyone out there done this by simply replacing the stock fender flares with high line flairs like those from Nemesis Industries or others?
It seems like the perfect solution to upgrading tire size without the dealer giving me grief about modifying the Jeep and thus voiding the lifetime power train warranty.
Any one got pictures?
Old 01-13-2011, 04:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Perfect! I love your jeep!
is 4.5 back spacing what every one else uses? The rims I'm looking at are available with both 4.5 or 5.0. I wasn't sure which to use. I wanted to be sure the 33's didn't rub when I offroad.
Thanks,
Nathan

Last edited by mainejeeper; 01-13-2011 at 04:57 PM.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want to go really big with tires on the stock suspension, check out the new Metalcloak fenders. They allow you to run a 37" tire with no lift!

Quick Reply: bigger tires with replacement flares?