Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bigger Tires for a 2011 Rubicon

Old 11-11-2010, 10:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep... purshase brand new with 2.5 lif a 35 inch tire set and... 2 mount after ..

a 1 inch body lift and now looking for the 37 inch ...
Old 11-11-2010, 08:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok guys help me out; there more I listen to you, the more I want bigger and bigger tires. But I will definitely be happy with 35s; this is going to be my daily driving vehicle.

I am also shipping my Jeep to the Dominican Republic, so I do not have a year to decide what I want to do with you.

If I do a one-inch lift (Is there such a thing?) can I mount 35s without any rubbing? What type of gear change will I need?

What lift kit do you recommend? Money is not an issue, I want the best!
What is the gear ratio I will need and where do I get the necessary parts?
Can you recommend someone in the NY/NJ area that can professionally do the work for me?
Old 11-12-2010, 08:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by borrongo
Ok guys help me out; there more I listen to you, the more I want bigger and bigger tires. But I will definitely be happy with 35s; this is going to be my daily driving vehicle.

I am also shipping my Jeep to the Dominican Republic, so I do not have a year to decide what I want to do with you.

If I do a one-inch lift (Is there such a thing?) can I mount 35s without any rubbing? What type of gear change will I need?

What lift kit do you recommend? Money is not an issue, I want the best!
What is the gear ratio I will need and where do I get the necessary parts?
Can you recommend someone in the NY/NJ area that can professionally do the work for me?
Nope, you can't really fit 35's with just a 1-inch lift, unless you run flat flares or trim your current flares. You would probably want something closer to a 2.5" lift, preferably a coil-lift - especially if you want it done right the first time and money is less of an issue.

And check out post #28 (from JPop) on this thread:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ze-Chart/page3

It shows that, since you've got an automatic transmission, that you would want to probably run either 5.13 or 5.38 gears for a set of 35" tires.

As for which lift kit to get, there are plenty of good ones here. Teraflex has a good setup, as does Old Man Emu, Rock Krawler, etc. You could also just call Dave over at Northridge 4x4 and tell him what you're looking for, and he'll definitely set you up straight!
Old 11-12-2010, 08:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Merlin4979
Nope, you can't really fit 35's with just a 1-inch lift, unless you run flat flares or trim your current flares. You would probably want something closer to a 2.5" lift, preferably a coil-lift - especially if you want it done right the first time and money is less of an issue.

And check out post #28 (from JPop) on this thread:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ze-Chart/page3

It shows that, since you've got an automatic transmission, that you would want to probably run either 5.13 or 5.38 gears for a set of 35" tires.

As for which lift kit to get, there are plenty of good ones here. Teraflex has a good setup, as does Old Man Emu, Rock Krawler, etc. You could also just call Dave over at Northridge 4x4 and tell him what you're looking for, and he'll definitely set you up straight!
Thank you very much. I think that's what I'll do; call dave...he can probably help me get the guess work out this!
Old 11-14-2010, 02:56 PM
JK Newbie

Default 305/65/17 on stock rubicon

Same type of question, but I am just looking for a wider tire, not really taller. Can I fit 305/65/17 on 2011 stock rubicon? Is that even a good idea. I would like the tires to look as wide as possible. I am pretty sure from looking at posts that I can run 285/70/17's just wondering if I can go even wider with the 305's. Also how does this effect performance on highway if at all? Does width require a gear up?
sorry I am new to jeep's. I am starting off and would like to get into taking it off road, but not right away. I want to enjoy the new look and feel for at least 6 months before I beat it up. thanks
Old 11-14-2010, 02:57 PM
JK Newbie

Oh also getting a emu 2" lift, but I may have to wait on that until I can save some money.

Quick Reply: Bigger Tires for a 2011 Rubicon