Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Big tires+Supercharger, No Gears

Old 11-13-2008, 06:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big tires+Supercharger, No Gears

Hi,

I am planing on running the below on my 2DR M6 JK

-Hesco supercharger
-34s
-2.5 Coil lift
-stock 3.73

i think it should be fine over all with no need to change gears.
How do you think it will perform with stock 3.73s? will it be more sluggish than stock at low end till boost is generated?
Old 11-13-2008, 07:48 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ahhh....the age old debate, power or gearing......or as in your case both. I have had some experience in this with some past vehicles so i will be blunt and honest with you. You should use both. Bottom line is either the supercharger or lower (numericaly higher) gears will solve your problem of low power, but to minimize the stress on the rest of your drivetrain, keep your speedo and sensors happy, keep your rpm's in normal range, etc. you should gear appropriatley for the 34's (around 4.07-4.10). That keeps everything in the jp happy before adding the bennifit of extra power, it also alows the stock computer to work appropriatley with Hesco'a piggyback.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Before you plunk cash on Hesco .... At least take 5 minutes and comparison shop the Ripp SC !!! https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/sponsoring-manufacturers-vendors-check-out-cyber-monday-specials-24/ripp-supercharger-kit-pics-vids-44282/

Last edited by HULKGREEN; 11-13-2008 at 07:53 AM.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:46 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Q8JEEP
Hi,

I am planing on running the below on my 2DR M6 JK

-Hesco supercharger
-34s
-2.5 Coil lift
-stock 3.73

i think it should be fine over all with no need to change gears.
How do you think it will perform with stock 3.73s? will it be more sluggish than stock at low end till boost is generated?
We now have 70 systems out there with plenty of feed back from Supercharged drivers in different parts of the country. The consensus is putting the Supercharger in helps 85% of the power problem. However with the additional 120-rear-wheel HP (WHP) we deliver we find that the transmission computer will trip a calculated code called TRD. That's the "Torque Request Denied" fail-safe feature. This feature is designed to keep your transmission and drive-line safe. Its actually a good thing (annoying but a good thing). This condition is best rectified by properly gearing the drive train to the tire size. In which case the Supercharger and drive line are 100% in sinc. and least likely to trip the TRD.

Furthermore using 3:73 gearing will only deliver less overall WHP as you are putting added stress on the transmission (and the tran ECU) and it will more likely slip the converter and power. So in our opinion we recommend looking into proper gearing (5:13's), a trans correction tool (Hypertec) and supercharger and you'll have a lot more fun, put down more power and most importantly keep things safe

Questions always welcome,

RIPPTECH

Quick Reply: Big tires+Supercharger, No Gears