Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Big tires on stock rims?

Old 05-07-2008, 04:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepnyak
here are some bfg 35x12.5x18 on my stock rims, i have the 2.5 tf bb w/3/4" extra up front. i use the spidertraxx spacers and have no rub issues

Any flex shots?
Old 05-07-2008, 05:26 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The OEM Rubi and Sahara wheels look good with the JK's, but for the difference in buying a 18" versus 16" tire...you can pay for a decent set of aftermarket wheels. You come out about even money this purchase, but in 30~50k miles when you buy the next set, you come out ahead.

I switched to 16's from my 18's for this reason, and went to 35's. I felt like I was getting a free set of wheels based on the above logic.

As for gas mileage...ANY larger wheel or weight you add will cut into your gas mileage. If you go to 35's, you may want to consider re-gearing. You shouldn't really get below 15~16 mpg no matter what you do if you drive the thing medium to lightly on-road...at least my experience.

Quick Reply: Big tires on stock rims?