Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Is it a big job to add rear spacers?

Old 02-24-2014, 09:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it a big job to add rear spacers?

Already have a 4" lift in my jk. I'm just contemplating installing a 1" spacer in the rear passenger side to compensate for the jk lean. It drives me nuts even tho it's barely noticeable. I'm pretty handy; does anybody have any tips or quick instructions of what I'm looking at? Thanks a bunch.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:55 AM
Former Vendor

This isn't bad to do. Disconnect the sway bar and shock, you should be able to jack up the Jeep high enough to pull the spring out of there and then reinstall it. Just be sure to use jack stands and be safe while under the vehicle.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just installed front and rear spacers in my driveway with a jack stand and basic hand tools in about 3 hours with beer breaks. With you already having that much lift make sure your jack stand will lift your jeep high enough and you have tall floor jacks. With that much lift also be ready to disconnect control arms, breaks , sway bar , shocks , and e break cable.

If your handy with basic hand tools (18mm socket 19 mm socket, pry bar, monkey wrench, and a bottle jack for 2011 + to help put the new isolator on) it should not take more then 2 hours. Good luck
Old 02-24-2014, 10:25 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should only have to disconnect the shocks and links. Put the Jeep on jack stands using the frame just in front of rear lower control arm. Put a jack under the diff. Disconnect the shocks and links and then slowly lower the axle until their is no pressure on the coils. You should be able to remove them easily at this point. Also if the lean is not that noticeable I would just live with it that way Imo. I don't like the idea of adding spacers to just one side. Some guys have used adjustable links and made one slightly longer on one side to compensate.

Last edited by Biggy; 02-24-2014 at 10:28 AM.

Quick Reply: Is it a big job to add rear spacers?