Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Big Difference between RC 2.5 coil and budget?

Old 06-09-2009, 06:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Difference between RC 2.5 coil and budget?

Anyone know any differences between the two kits? I have the spacer lift and want to know how much better (if any) the coil lift is....Ohhhh I have no issues with the spacer lift...Just thinking about a new bumper and want to keep it around the same height...
Old 06-09-2009, 07:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bearstylez
Anyone know any differences between the two kits? I have the spacer lift and want to know how much better (if any) the coil lift is....Ohhhh I have no issues with the spacer lift...Just thinking about a new bumper and want to keep it around the same height...
I can't compare it to anything; but, the RC 2.5 Coil lift is great. I have probably 1500 miles or so on it, with moderate-hard wheelin' and lots of street driving. It's been great so far. You could run 35" tires with this lift and, from what I gather, rub during full flex/turn; but, 33" tires are great with this lift. You get lots of flex and no rubbing. Also, I didn't have to extend brake lines or brackets.

Keep in mind, the lift kit is only shocks and springs. I also added JKS track bars and sway bar disconnects. If you get the JKS sway bar disconnects, get the longer ones. David at Northridge suggested the <2" version, but the >2" version would have been better. I'm maxed out on the length adjustment and it just barely levels out the sway bar.

As far as sag goes, I do have a little bit of sag in the rear, where the Expedition One bumper/tire carrier is. The JK looks good, though, as it should have come from Jeep.

Quick Reply: Big Difference between RC 2.5 coil and budget?