Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bfh comp stinger

Old 04-24-2014, 08:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bfh comp stinger

Hey guys, I have a few questions for those of you who run this front bumper.(psc bfh comp stinger).

Have you guys experienced any sag on the front springs?

Have you lost any ride height due to the weight? And how much height did you lose (if any)?

I'm trying to stay as high/light as possible while still increasing the amount of armor with this comp stinger.

I curious to know so I can prepare coil spacers or BL to overcome the loss in height (if any). Or not worry about it.

Thanks hope someone can answer this. Jeep on!
Old 04-24-2014, 08:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I wouldn't expect any with that bumper. It's very minimal and light. But I don't have any personal experience.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OC-JK
I wouldn't expect any with that bumper. It's very minimal and light. But I don't have any personal experience.
Thanks for your input. I know that the bfh comp's shipping weight is 50Ibs but I think the stock bumper is 30Ibs or something around there? So the bfh comp is probably around 20Ibs heavier, I think...not sure just a guess on the stock bumpers weight since I've never really measured.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:51 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the trail stinger, I didn't lose much maybe like a 1/4 inch idk about the comp stinger tho
Old 04-24-2014, 08:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jeek.OlllllllO
I have the trail stinger, I didn't lose much maybe like a 1/4 inch idk about the comp stinger tho
Thinking...The trail is a bit smaller so I would think it would drop my suspension a tad lower than 1/4 of an inch. I'm going to have to look into getting at least 1" spacers in the front and .75 or .5 in the back.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Has anyone with a comp experienced this sag/lost of height?

Any particular suggested solutions to get the hight back?

Quick Reply: Bfh comp stinger