Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

BFG A/T KO Opinoins

Old 09-06-2008, 06:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the BFG KO's on my YJ and wasn't thrilled with them, they didn't like mud at all, they were ok not great in the rain and snow, they did do well on ice and the wear was great. On the JK I am running Cooper Discoverer ST's and they perform as well as the KO's on road and better off road especially in the mud.

Old 09-06-2008, 06:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DONT DO IT! BFG A/T is the worst tire I have ever owned by far. I had my first set 17 years ago. That was the only set that survived. My second set I got in 1992 and I trashed all 4 tires running Scholfield pass in Colorado. I blew one tire out, and the other three had cuts in the sidewall. Discount tire would not even rotate them anymore without replacement.

My third set was on my 99 Wrangler when I purched it used. They were brand new 31x10.50. I ran the same trail with the wrangler in 2005 and blew the sidewall out again.

They are fine if you plan to run on the highway and fire roads, but if you plan to wheel the Jeep, stay far far way from them. I personally can't stand them and hate BFG as a result. Those two sets of tires cost me a grand combined and both were new when destroyed by basic 4 wheeling.

Below are a couple links to show the trail that destroyed two sets of BFG AT tires.

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=45
http://www.atvtrails.org/Schofield_Pass.html

Quick Reply: BFG A/T KO Opinoins