Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

BFG A/T KO Opinoins

Old 09-04-2008, 12:26 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BFG A/T KO Opinoins

I live in the wet-n-rainy southeast. I do too much Interstate driving for m/t's.
I'd really like to get the KO's in a 315/70-17, but Ive heard that the KO's aren't
too good on wet roads. Looking for arguments for or against.
Any other A/T ideas would be great. (think rain)
Old 09-04-2008, 01:44 AM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought mine (on my TJ) were great in the rain, and especially snowy/icy roads (if you ever get any ice). The only area they seem to not perform well is in mud, but they are an A/T not a M/T. I've wheeled mine in Moab and Colorado and they did great there as well. They have great treadlife as well.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

man i LOVED my BFG All Terrain KO tires on my Silverado...And I have friends that run them on their trucks too and the consensus is basically "awesome all around tire"

You can also check Bridgestone Dueller AT Revo's...those are awesome too...had these on my Toyota Tacoma and they kicked butt too.....damn I miss this little truck...

If i had to Choose an AT tire? it would be one of those two above.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

I've run ko's on a lot of my rigs that see a lot of hwy...and the company trucks use them a lot as well.

They are very good all around performers...in the snow, they kick ass.

The REVO's mentioned above are better in the rain by a bit, and, are a bit better if the snow is packed harder. We stopped using them because of sidewall damage off road, mud packing issues, and the need to traverse deep snow.

If the snow is deeper for example, the more aggressive ko tread digs into it, and the side lugs pull really well, exceptional for an AT.

If you are not much into offroading, and don't go out in deeper snow, the REVO is a good choice.

If you also offroad, the tougher sidewalls and tread, and the more aggressive tread of the ko is a better choice than the REVO.

The REVO's seem to last about 30 - 40K miles, and the ko's seem to last closer to 60 - 90K miles, so we get close to twice the tread wear out of the ko's on average.

Hope that helps a bit.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:29 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I like um.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:38 AM
JK Freak

I ran them on my TJ for about a year and loved them. They handled great and wore really well. I actually sold them to a buddy of mine (with my wheels too) when I put new wheels/tires on my TJ. That was 2 years ago, and he is still running on them.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:43 AM
JK Junkie

I ran a set on my 04 f150 Supercrew and loved them. I did a lot of hwy driving with them and they were awesome in snow and ice. I had no problems in the rain and they did very well offroad. My buddy runs them too. He drives over 100 miles to work. He has over 60k miles on them and they are still going strong. The key to making them last is having them rotated every 5k miles.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think they're all around kick-arse. The difference on wet roads between the ko's and the station wagon tires that are stock on the sahara was simply amazing. There must be a reason so many people run them, eh?
----------------
Now playing: Lovage - Lifeboat
via FoxyTunes
Old 09-04-2008, 05:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm running them now. I had them on my old YJ and thought they did well in all weather and had great tread life so I put them on my JK. I think as far as A/T's go they do quite well off road.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've been running them on the JK and they do seem to do pretty well, nice and smooth on the hwy and very capable off road.
I got them used with about 50% tred, the wife complained that they were not as good in the rain but I have not experianced a change between the SR-A's and the A/T's.

Quick Reply: BFG A/T KO Opinoins