Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

BFG Mud Terrains - What to expect?

Old 11-18-2015, 08:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got KM2's 5,000 miles ago, look aggressive on my Jeep, love em and no issues in rain
Old 11-19-2015, 06:18 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just took off my stock goodyears and put on willys takeoffs. Definitely handles a bit different, but so much better looking.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	630517   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3078.JPG
Views:	311
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	630518  
Old 11-19-2015, 07:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I noticed the original BFG Mud did not last as well as the All Terrains we have ran on all four other Jeeps we have had. And they got noisier as they wore down. I was told there is a difference in the rubber composition between the ones sold to Jeep and the aftermarket. Got rid of them during my "big build" at 17K miles but stayed with BFG AT KO 35's. Never noticed in slippage, but then I live in So Cal and we have been very dry and when they did break loose on a bumpy freeway transition road the ESP took over.

You are correct the new ones look better than stock. Good Luck.

Quick Reply: BFG Mud Terrains - What to expect?