Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

BFG AT KOs or Nitto Terra Grapplers?

Old 05-10-2010, 11:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BFG AT KOs or Nitto Terra Grapplers?

So many choices, so little time. Which do I go with in an agressive AT. Won't do a whole lot of off roading ... just run fun trails with my little boys.

Looking for an all terrain (agreesive looking tire). I've narrowed my like to these two: BFG AT KOs or Nitto Terra Grapplers. Which will be safer on the road in wet and snowy weather.

Thanks!

Need some more feedback!!!

Last edited by jveilleux; 05-10-2010 at 12:35 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:05 AM
JK Newbie

i have the terras and theyre great. quiet and good in wet conditions, and ive never been stuck in mud with them. great on road
Old 05-10-2010, 11:22 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RchyRch650
i have the terras and theyre great. quiet and good in wet conditions, and ive never been stuck in mud with them. great on road

X2 go with the Nitto's. I have the Nitto Trail Grapplers and love them. I currently have the BFG's on my F250 and can not wait to get rid of them to get the Nitto Terras. The BFG's on my truck have worn bad and only have 25k to 30k on them.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jveilleux
So many choices, so little time. Which do I go with in an agressive AT. Won't do a whole lot of off roading ... just run fun trails with my little boys.

Looking for an all terrain (agreesive looking tire). I've narrowed my like to these two: BFG AT KOs or Nitto Terra Grapplers. Which will be safer on the road in wet and snowy weather.

Thanks!
love the NITTOs, i don't know how much this will influence your decision, but the sidewall has two designs for you to choose from...

Anyway, I'm getting NITTOs
Old 05-10-2010, 12:58 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Terra Grapplers were designed to more of an MT to improve Nitto's limited Mud Grappler sales.

I would expect the Terra's to have much better off road traction. As a true and long lived AT the KOs will have better road manners and longevity.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:37 PM
JK Newbie

I put 36k miles on a set of BFG AT's I had on my Tacoma. Dang things looked new. Never abused them, but didn't baby them either. Road noise was very slight to none. Great grip. I was satisfied and if I was looking for another AT, I'd buy them again.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:09 PM
JK Newbie

I still have pizza cutting 31" tires on my Jeep that came with it from the previous owner. They are BFG's and these friggin' things just will not wear down! 35,000 miles and they look dam new. I mean I don't mind for now, no need to spend cash on tires until I need them but I'm dying to get larger tires. My previous 4 Jeeps have had BFG and they just last FOREVER and ever.....and are kick azz offroad in harsh desert where I live.

Trending Topics

Old 05-10-2010, 03:39 PM
JK Newbie

Default bfg

i have had 2 sets of BFGs and love them.
if you want great on road manners and a quiet tire get the bfg you will be happy
they last damn near forever i have already put a few thousand miles on my 35s and i had bought them used form a forum member and they still look great.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

BFG AT's in my opinion. The Jeep is my daily driver and I'm constantly driving around in it and the road manners are excellent. Like someone said, road noise is next to none. Also, they can definetely hold their weight offroad. I've been to both East Coast JK Fests at Rausch Creek and the tires have never ever let me down.

My vote goes to the BFG
Old 05-10-2010, 06:51 PM
JK Junkie

Both cool looking tires, have you checked out the GY Duratracs? They are pretty aggressive looking IMO, just a thought, can't go wrong with any of them for looks.

Quick Reply: BFG AT KOs or Nitto Terra Grapplers?