Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

BFG KO or Cooper ST MAXX?

Old 10-26-2011, 08:27 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BFG KO or Cooper ST MAXX?

Looking for anyone running these tires who has feedback on road noise and tread life. Most of my driving is street/highway, but I need a capable off road tire for fishing/hunting/ beach. I think I've narrowed my search down to these two.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:22 AM
JK Newbie

I have had the BFG's for about 5k miles now and I really like them. As far as road noise, there really isnt any. Makes about as much noise as those stock street tires some wranglers come with. As far as off road, from my experience they are best in the dirt and will do pretty well on rocks for an A/T. Only problem is with mud, they really cake up a lot but thats apparently a really common problem with A/T.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:51 AM
JK Newbie

I don't have the st maxx, but I do have the copper at3. Good looks, great in rain, quiet, and good in mud. Several guys I work with have changed from mud tires to these and rave about the great balance between on road livability and off road performance.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:16 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Hexavalent
I have had the BFG's for about 5k miles now and I really like them. As far as road noise, there really isnt any. Makes about as much noise as those stock street tires some wranglers come with. As far as off road, from my experience they are best in the dirt and will do pretty well on rocks for an A/T. Only problem is with mud, they really cake up a lot but thats apparently a really common problem with A/T.
Did you need the 1.5" Daystar BB to fit the 33" or would those still fit with stock set up?
Old 10-27-2011, 06:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Cooper stt are good to keep in mind also.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:52 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jwrangler12
Did you need the 1.5" Daystar BB to fit the 33" or would those still fit with stock set up?
You dont need to have a lift to fit 33's, however, I would recommend getting one. There is a thread in the "show and tell" section with a bunch of pics of people running 33's with no lift and imo 33's look a lot better with a leveling kit or small lift but thats up to you.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hexavalent
X2. No noise at all. I balanced mine with dynabeads and there is absolutely no feedback from the tires in that regard. I have had these on another vehicle, and got exactly what I remembered. Very satisfied. I have not done any long mud runs. Gone through big puddles, but that's it. I expect them to be deficient in mud, but that's why they make KM2s.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:26 AM
JK Newbie

Default X2 on keeping Cooper STT in mind

Originally Posted by jeepingben
Cooper stt are good to keep in mind also.
LOve the Cooper STT nuff said
Old 10-27-2011, 10:43 AM
JK Super Freak

The cooper stt is very similar to toyo mt. I just bought a set of used 35s haven't mounted them yet but look like a great tire.

Quick Reply: BFG KO or Cooper ST MAXX?