Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

BFG KM2 vs GoodYear MTR

Old 11-09-2013, 05:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had km2s on mine for about 3 years. They were ok but got louder as they wore and I rotated them almost every oil change. I sold them and now I have toyo mt's and these tires are awesome.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am running 35inch MTRs they are quiet, and are wearing well. However I only have a few thousand miles on them but I am very happy. I would have to say my 35x12.50x15 are not true to size... Mine barely measure 34inches.

I ran the older MTR on my TJ and I was extremely happy with them, good tread life, kevlar side walls are awesome, pretty much the reason I bought them again for the JK.

I will say its probably a toss up, in my opinion they are both good tires. But I have torn sidewalls before on other tires, never on an MTR, not to say it can't happen. I like the extra sidewall protection just because once the sidewall gets a hole the tire is done...
Happened to me twice with Pro-Comp tires.

Last edited by skates04; 11-09-2013 at 06:09 PM.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:13 PM
JK Super Freak

I'm running 37x12.5x17 KM2's and they work great for me. No vibration or noise. Great traction on the trails and thru the mud also.

Quick Reply: BFG KM2 vs GoodYear MTR