Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

BFG Baja T/A...anybody know them?

Old 03-09-2009, 08:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BFG Baja T/A...anybody know them?

Anybody know anything about these tires? I have a buddy who won a set and is trying to sell them. They are 35x12.50's. I don't need tires yet, but my 35" Coopers are getting worn. He offered them to me for $500 for all 4 tires. These are brand new, still have the stickers on them. I have not ever heard anything about these tires. I am on the highway a lot, but I like to get out on the weekends to wheel. Anybody have any experience with these? A set of four would run over $2000 on Summit's web site.

Old 03-09-2009, 08:30 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

they are a nice tire and typically pretty pricey. don't know how they perform on the rocks but for what you can get them for, i would.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Those are pretty pricey tires. Don't think they would hold up well to rock crawling, but for a good mix of dirt and street they will do just fine, especially at that price. i would buy em if you can afford to.

EDIT: Just noticed they are for 15" rims. I probably wouldn't buy new wheels just to run those, but at that price I might buy em and resell them?????

Last edited by Ctimrun; 03-09-2009 at 08:58 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:01 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If those were 18s I would buy them. lol. like said above, you might could buythem and resell them.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ctimrun
Those are pretty pricey tires. Don't think they would hold up well to rock crawling, but for a good mix of dirt and street they will do just fine, especially at that price. i would buy em if you can afford to.

EDIT: Just noticed they are for 15" rims. I probably wouldn't buy new wheels just to run those, but at that price I might buy em and resell them?????
I'm way ahead of you. I have 15" rims on my JK! I run 15x8 Eagle Alloys and 35x12.50 Cooper STT's right now. So, that's why I'm interested in these tires. JP Magazine did a review on these and said they did great on rocks, in mud, and on the street.

What makes these tires so pricey? Are they really that much better than the KM2's???
Old 03-10-2009, 08:43 AM
JK Super Freak

not much sidewall tread... they look like heavy duty tires what is the load rating on them? Either way $500 is a steal!
Old 03-10-2009, 09:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

I say give them a shot, great price and good reviews.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:57 AM
JK Junkie

Those a pricey because they are speed rated, and tough as heck since they are designed for Baja racing. They were designed to be on vehicles that are jumped, and landing on sharp rocks, and not blow out since they are a racing tire.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Littlejon
Those a pricey because they are speed rated, and tough as heck since they are designed for Baja racing. They were designed to be on vehicles that are jumped, and landing on sharp rocks, and not blow out since they are a racing tire.
What he said...

Aren't they competition tires???? Like for racing?

Either way for $500, thats a steal
Old 03-10-2009, 11:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for all the input. I've heard they are a very soft rubber, but I read on JP Magazine's web site that they put 20,000 miles on a set with very little tread wear. A soft rubber would wear out faster wouldn't it? I just hope there is someone out there who has experience with them or at least knows more about them than I do that can fill me in on the goods and bads of these tires.

Quick Reply: BFG Baja T/A...anybody know them?