Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

BFG AT's vs BFG MT's...opinions please

Old 09-09-2007, 08:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Used to run the BFG ATko's on my TJ's for the same reasoning that the MT's just weren't gonna be a good decision for a DD. When I went to 33's on my last TJ I bit the bullet and went with the MTkm's. I thought that the AT's were fine offroad for me...that was until I saw the difference the MT's made. Mind you, at the time I was wheeling one maybe two weekends a month, so it was still definately a DD first and foremost. On road, the only noticeable difference between the two that I saw...actually heard was a very nice little hum coming from the rubber. Snow, rain, whatever, never had any issues onroad...and I seem to be the rarity since everyone always bitches about the MT's and wet roads, dunno. The BFG's also wore great for me, I put a lot of mileage on them (and their 35" replacements) and they seemed to wear just as well as the AT's.

Not saying that MT's are for everyone, if you don't think you'll see anything other than the ocassional dirt road, then don't waste the money. But don't let any sort of notion that 'OMG they're MT's and they'll suck on the asphalt!!' sway you from a set, because that is certainly not the case.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:33 AM
JK Freak

I have the AT's and love them because I drive about 50 miles daily for work. I have had great success with the offroading so far but I have attempted anything really crazy. I know that Woods also has them and he has done so pretty good offroading with them and been fine. They will last a little longer then the MT's but they certainly don't look as tough. My next tire will be the MT's when this isn't my daily driver. Hope that helps.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:52 AM
JK Newbie

Default m/t

you can't go wrong with the m/t, the one day your deep in mud with your a/t's your going to wish you had that extra traction.. the m/t's are just a agressive a/t
Old 09-09-2007, 09:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have 315/70/17 Bfgoodrich ATS for sale they have about 4000 miles on them.. 5 total for sale

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...rQSeR?start=36

Quick Reply: BFG AT's vs BFG MT's...opinions please