Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

BFG/AT's or GY Duratrac's

Old 05-07-2011, 06:27 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pcmasten
Anybody run the Duratrac's at Moab? if so, how did they do?
I have had Duratracs on for over a year now and they are great tires.
They have handled everything encountered so far and that includes the trails in Moab.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess I am in the BFG hater club. I had them on my YJ and wasn't impressed. Put them on my XJ, wasn't impressed. Put them on my dodge truck, wasn't impressed. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me, fool me three times and I am just a dumba$$. BFG AT's are a great DRY street tire. They don't seem to do great on wet pavement, not good in sand unless way aired down (this doesn't do me any good on a job site cause I am not about to air down to drive around the job site), not good in mud, not good in snow, not good on ice. Good on hard pack dirt, pretty decent in moab, good road manners(when dry).

My Toyo MT's performed as good as the BFG at's in almost all areas. They were better in the mud and sand and pretty much equal to the BFG's everywhere else except road noise.

I have about 500 miles on my Duratracs (which is not enough to give a good review) but they are as quiet as my BFG's so far, and so far on rain slicked roads they stick better than my BFG's ever have. We will see how they work out in the long haul though.

I will say that I have NO intentions of every buying BFG AT's ever again unless they make a significant change to the tire. I have had Bridgestone Duelers, some Firestone AT, and some generic brand AT and thought they were all superior to the BFG in most areas and equal in all others.

my .02

Quick Reply: BFG/AT's or GY Duratrac's