Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

BF Goodrich AT or MT

Old 11-25-2012, 05:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got a set of KM2 Mud Terrains. Not sure why everyone says BFG's run small. Actual measurement on the 35 inch mud terrains is 34.8 and the 37's are 36.8. From what I'm reading about of actual size on Nittos, Toyos, and Duratracs they all come up a little short on height. I went with the KM2's because I liked the fact they were not as heavy as the others. The 37's are about the same weight as the 35's on the other brands. Not bad road noise either. I'm sure they will getter louder as they wear.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Surf City Dan
Just got a set of KM2 Mud Terrains. Not sure why everyone says BFG's run small. Actual measurement on the 35 inch mud terrains is 34.8 and the 37's are 36.8. From what I'm reading about of actual size on Nittos, Toyos, and Duratracs they all come up a little short on height. I went with the KM2's because I liked the fact they were not as heavy as the others. The 37's are about the same weight as the 35's on the other brands. Not bad road noise either. I'm sure they will getter louder as they wear.
Those specs you stated are from the manufacturers website. I wheel with guys that run both 35's and 37's in the km2 and my 35" toyos are clearly bigger than the km2 35's and almost as big as the 37's. unless you are running 60psi, there is no way the 35" km2 is really measuring 34.8".
Old 11-26-2012, 04:21 AM
JK Freak

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Go with the ATs
Old 11-26-2012, 05:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the 33x12.5 KM2. There is a hum at highway speed, however they ride great! I will say that they do measure small. 31.5in is what I get running the tires at 30 psi. I was really hoping for a lot more, but they do look good.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The TA KO's are good for everything but sticky mud/clay. Neither tire are very stout for rocks, they both cut and chunk easy. From what you describe and where your from Id go AT's.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:14 PM
JK Freak

I recently have had both sets of these tires. Road noise is not really an issue with the MTs. I prefer the MTs solely because of looks. They are a much better looking tires.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

x2 on this question! I know its a little late but no thread every really dies right? lol

I rock the Rubi take off's right now, considering the A/T for my next tire but I do love the look of Mts. Road noise doesn't really concern me. Lack of siping does somewhat as we get a lot of slush and ice, that said I am managing so far with no siping. I more interested in the ride and how they handle. AND do A/T's give good rooster tails??? Flinging slush at tailgaters is a bonus

Quick Reply: BF Goodrich AT or MT