Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

bf goodrich KM2 VS bf goodrich AT

Old 03-23-2011, 08:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have AT on my 02 WJ and overall i love it then on my 2011 JK i have KM2 and all i gotta say they are abeast.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:15 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Jeepincanada

how much did that cost you ???
The best part of it all....free! I paid them for the wheels and tires. They covered shipping and siping. But usually it would be $60 ish here at least
Old 03-23-2011, 08:19 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JdTms11

100% argee with this.
the KM2s only downfall is when on ice, but thats true for any Mud tire
Quite the contrary actually. Mine are great on ice. But there siped
Old 03-23-2011, 08:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think the biggest thing is to know your tires capabilities. I've only run the AT KOs but have done so in almost every terrain. I never pushed them in deep mud because I knew their limits. However in the other side, I'm not in an area where mudding is big and I'm also not driving through huge snow drifts either. I have climbed steep sand stone hills with minimal slippage.

I guess what I'm saying if figure out how much time your actually going to be off road and think about what kind off terrain you will find your jeep in. then compare prices between models. IMO if you can afford the KM2s get them (they look cooler too) but if your in the middle and may not want to buy new tires every couple of years, the ATs are a solid option, plus its not uncommon to get 100,000 miles out of them. I had more than 60% tread at about 65,000 miles before I traded my old jeep in.

keep in mind, I'm not partial to the ATs, when I get rid of my stock tires I'll be buying the mud terrains.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sringer
Quite the contrary actually. Mine are great on ice. But there siped
Just curious do you do any rocks when you are off road? I'm olnly asking because I've heard the KM2's can chunk if you sipe to close to the edge. I would consider siping my next set if I knew someone that didn't have that problem.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have run my old KM's in Moab and will be running KM2's when I go down to Moab in June. As long as you only have the center siped then you'll be just fine. In fact it will improve your traction on ice and rock.

Even if you get something other then the KM2's I would only get the center siped.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Never ran the AT but I have ran super swamper 39.5x15x15 tsl's, on a 95 Z71, there beast! Now on my jk I run 35x12.50x15 KM2's and I'm just as impressed by these as I was the tsl's! I doubted these tires at first cuz they just look like they wouldn't clean out very well but boy was I wrong. I don't rock crawl but I mud and trail ride atleast 2 to 3 times a month and there awesome!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20110323_141710.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	141092  
Old 03-23-2011, 12:10 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Wings fan

Just curious do you do any rocks when you are off road? I'm olnly asking because I've heard the KM2's can chunk if you sipe to close to the edge. I would consider siping my next set if I knew someone that didn't have that problem.
I do lots of rocks. There are some huge obstacles on the trail that are just large rock mounds. And big boulders. They havent Chunked yet and I don't think they will
Old 03-23-2011, 02:15 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ludski
km2s are awesome!!!
great wear. great sound (not too loud). awesome in mud. AWESOME in snow and ice.
I second all of this. I had top off and doors off today and I heard a nice little hum. Nothin much
Old 03-23-2011, 03:17 PM
JK Newbie

I have always had great luck with BFG tires, street radials, drag radials and off road tires. I have A/T's on my Ramcharger and KM 2's on my JK. Both sets have roughly 15,000 miles on them and both have tons of tread left. The KM 2's are just as quiet on the road but there is no comparison off road as the KM 2's are FAR superior. When the A/T's need replacing it will be with KM 2's. I don't have to worry about driving on ice though.......Florida.

Quick Reply: bf goodrich KM2 VS bf goodrich AT