Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Beware of Smittybilt ! SRC Side Armor

Old 12-06-2013, 07:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eumel789
What is the big deal if you have to enlarge a hole here and there during installation? You got your item at the lowest price you could find, so deal with it! Besides, even a more pricey version does not garantee perfect fitment! Remember...it's a JEEP thing...
X2. The fun of mods is the challenge of working out an installation issue and the satisfaction you get by admiring your newest addition while enjoying a cold one. The griding of the holes is very minor.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this product SUCKS A$#. i bought them last week went to attempted to install them yesterday morning and......wait for it.....HOLES DIDNT LINE UP! I understand "you get what you paid for" but seriously this is just a example of false advertisement! online it says BOLT ON not spend 1-2 hours and 3 trips to home depo to fit this on your jk wth!

if you are thinking about buying these DONT! save your money and go with a reliable pair that's not shittybilt!
Old 05-01-2014, 11:30 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mtudb24
I started to put these on tonite. You guessed it, drivers side wouldn't line up. Too late to get dremel tool out. Will do and post pics tomorrow. They do look great as I HOLD them up. Wife's likes the perceived functionality as she will be able to get in much easier.
Todd
Had the same issues, beat the snot out of the bracket with a 5lb hammer, fit great now and very, very solid over rocks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Uwharrie CNC 4x4 trail cleanup 8-20-11 003.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	549904
Old 05-01-2014, 06:14 PM
JK Newbie

That sucks man, go poison spider next time
Old 05-01-2014, 06:22 PM
JK Freak

I used to have some shittybilt products, never again....never ever ever ever ever again.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:48 PM
JK Newbie

Yea made the mistake I had to mod it as well seems nothing is as simple as bolt on but in the end worked out and looks great
Old 05-02-2014, 10:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The only thing I had to do was to shave a bit of the body mount washer off so the bolt could come out and go back in.

Plus I pealed off that godawful yellow placard.

Other than that, I'm happy with them, and my diminutive wife has an easier time getting in the Jeep.

Quick Reply: Beware of Smittybilt ! SRC Side Armor