Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

which is better you think

Old 08-13-2009, 07:32 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by deekum1627
there are your smiles. i wish i had the cash now this sucks haha
Same here brother. I want other stuff now
Old 08-13-2009, 08:03 PM
***erator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by deekum1627
okay man i know its not the same truck. i like the look of the 6 inch on the jk better then the 4inch lift. and i dont want the cheapest stuff that has nothing to do with it. but yea i will not go rock crawling so i think the long arm is wasting money cause i dont need massive flex. im just looking at all options before i get something. so there is no need to be an a**
I understand that you don't need tons of flex but from what I understand a long arm also gives you a much better on road ride, the angle of the arms cause less transfer of the bumps to the frame. If I am wrong I am sure someone will correct me.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:48 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmmmm. fabtech or rough country..... hmmmm..... given those two choices..... I would rather pick between punching myself in the nutts, or making sweet asslove to a cactus.

I guess fabtech. At least the arms look adjustable. Oh hey... not to break your heart, but you do know that this super cheap lift you are putting on is gonna toast your driveshafts.... and you are gonna need a regear for 37s. Just to let you know.

I just dont get how someone can spend 20-30k on a new jeep then buy the cheapest lift they can find for it. It reminds me of these rednecks here that talk about how bad jeeps drive because they used to have a CJ-5 with 8" lift blocks front and rear, 4" shackles, and a 3" bodylift to fit 52" military Bias ply tires with 50% tread left. I guess if the dollar store sold brakes some jackass who didn't care about his family would buy those too....
Old 08-13-2009, 09:56 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
hmmmm. I would rather pick between punching myself in the nutts, or making sweet asslove to a cactus.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:09 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i know i need driveshafts and the rear gear im really looking into that trailmaster kit 5 inch with driveshafts one. also skyjackers 6 inch long arm kit.

how come you dont like fabtech i always thought they were a good kit
Old 08-14-2009, 01:00 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dunno, it just seems like bds, fabtec, skyjacker, trailmaster, RC, etc. are just companies that make truck lift kits and also make a couple jeep lifts too. I dunno. Most these kits are pretty incomplete looking to me. But I am sure that some engineer out there knows more than I do...

Quick Reply: which is better you think