Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

better tires

Old 12-16-2008, 07:33 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mr. T
so what was the final verdict, Lou? i am looking at the 36 x 13.5 Iroks too. I am actually pretty happy i found this thread, since you are looking at the same tires as me, and for the same silty mud.

so? who won?
Don't go with the 36's, go with the 37's. They are actually the same diameter, but the 37 is much more squared off looking, while the 36 is very baloon like.
Old 12-16-2008, 04:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jerzeyjeep
alright now we are getting somewhere.

so lets go with 15' steelies

i have one vote for iroc and one two votes for tsl

keep the coments coming i don't want this to happen again

i hate being pulled out

Hey, I remeber this, You know I am a huge BFGR mud terrain fan I just got 35x12.5x17s km2s you can't go wrong with these tires, incredible traction in all off-road conditions and great on road manners
Old 01-25-2009, 11:08 AM
JK Freak

i have actually read in several places that the km2's do not do well in teh mud. they seem to have a problem throwing off the mud!!

mr t as far a decision i still don't have one. i am leaning towards pitbull cause they wear better and may last longer. i am def with you on the 36 inch. i am a huge fan of wider over taller.

so i am guessing that no one runs pitbulls and i might have to be the first.

so pitbull rockers or irocs

these are the two!!
Old 01-25-2009, 11:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Couldnt tell ya, go w/ your gut. I like the iroks' myselff. Only other thing is (im not sure if you mentioned it) id go w/ a radial. Bias tires are designed for more pure offroad and not street. If youre using the jeep as a dd or running highway id stick to a radial. IMHO.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:28 PM
JK Junkie

Be aware that the rated size of the Pitbulls is somewhat deceiving. They are quite a bit shorter than advertised. I had a set of Rockers in 37x13.50-17 and they were an inch or so shorter than my Hankooks. They are measured at the center of the tread, which is quite "balooned" at full pressure. When aired down, the shoulder height was more like a 35 than a 37. They are heavy and aggressive, but would not be my choice of tires. For an off-road only tire, the Super Swamper Irok can't be beat, in my opinion.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:47 PM
JK Freak

renegade that is the kind of answer i was looking for. thank you some real world experience thats why i love this site.

as for bias or radial i was told there is a different tread pattern for the same size tire. these will be my offroad tire with little street wear so i don't think i am too concerned with the ride quality

Quick Reply: better tires