Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Better price for wheel spacers?

Old 03-22-2016, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Fooddude
Nthinuf, I guess you don't have a response on what really makes different the material that has same specs, same metal and by all accounts is the same except color and brand. I'd assume since I genuinely asked for a lesson to learn something new, and time shows You can't tell me, that the reason can only be because there IS no reason except personal preference.

If I'm incorrect please teach me, metallurgy master.

FD
So he's referring to post number 38 in this link that does test RC spacers and determines they are NOT the same metal. The spacers themselves had a considerably lower tensile strength than advertised as well as the bolts that RC said was grade 8 (but didn't meet that spec).

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...-130315/page4/
Old 03-22-2016, 06:29 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Fooddude
Nthinuf, I guess you don't have a response on what really makes different the material that has same specs, same metal and by all accounts is the same except color and brand. I'd assume since I genuinely asked for a lesson to learn something new, and time shows You can't tell me, that the reason can only be because there IS no reason except personal preference.

If I'm incorrect please teach me, metallurgy master.

FD
The thread was linked, the info was right where I said to look. If you can't be bothered to spend a few minutes reading for yourself, that's on you...
Old 03-22-2016, 06:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is no link showing on my phone. I cannot read what I do not see. It's not that I do not want to read or cannot read, but if a link doesn't show up, I cannot know it's there.

My original post references that fact. Respect to those who teach me new things, which was my original request.

FD
Old 03-22-2016, 07:16 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Planmans post from that thread...

Originally Posted by planman
Looks like when WOL banned me from JKF that that thread got deleted.

Before I ran 40s on my JK, I bought a pair of RC spacers and had them tested.

6061-T6 has a tensile strength of 45,000 PSI, not 31,400.

Grade 8 bolts have a hardness rating of 33-39, not 26.2.

These are the results for the RC spacers:

Quick Reply: Better price for wheel spacers?