Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Besttop 2-piece doors suck

Old 07-16-2010, 05:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Besttop 2-piece doors suck

Fitment sucks.

Even the matched top piece does not fit into it's corresponding lower without heavy modification. If at all.

Still struggloing with it. Good thing it's not raining.

/rant off
Old 07-16-2010, 06:10 PM
JK Junkie

Treat them like the bitches they are, and at the end, it still won't be 100% but still worth it. I bent mine to all hell for a few hours. They fit into the jamb well, but don't seal 100%. Still love them.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:22 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
Treat them like the bitches they are, and at the end, it still won't be 100% but still worth it. I bent mine to all hell for a few hours. They fit into the jamb well, but don't seal 100%. Still love them.
Having a real bitch of a time even getting the passenger side to fit into the doorjamb.
Guess I just expected better quality from Bestop. It's not like the door opening varies on these JK.

I just walked away from it for the night. I'll try again in the morning.
Old 07-17-2010, 08:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

I extended and threaded the pins that fit into the top of the lower door and put a wing nut on them so that the upper and lower doors are bolted together and become more ridged. Made some final adjustments, a few bends, and the fit is much better and consistent. These types of doors will never fit 100% perfect, but you can get them to seal a bit better.
Definitely not the best fitting doors I've seen.

Last edited by VictorS; 07-17-2010 at 08:04 AM.
Old 07-17-2010, 08:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Send them back. That was a common problem for the earlier doors. I ordered mine through quadratec. fitment sucked. The passenger upper wouldnt come close to fitting. I called them and they sent me a second set. I got to pick through both sets to make a set that worked and send the rest back. They ate the shipping. I ended up having to send them back again cause a weld broke on one. I have an "OK" set now.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:46 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Kytann
Having a real bitch of a time even getting the passenger side to fit into the doorjamb.
Guess I just expected better quality from Bestop. It's not like the door opening varies on these JK.

I just walked away from it for the night. I'll try again in the morning.
I had this same issue with the ELEMENT doors. I bought bestop because of the reputation. Looks like moving the plant to mexico to bank more money instead of paying Americans to build their products was a big mistake. I have not been pleased with the TREKTOP either...
Old 07-20-2010, 11:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

I bought mine knowing all of the problems, but I still like them. Took forever to bend them correctly.

But they are freakin light! Still pretty noisy on the highway, I wouldn't want to drive more than 2 hours with them on. But they are awesome in the summer.

Trending Topics

Old 07-20-2010, 03:57 PM
JK Junkie

With the windows closed, the upper do pull away. I have not seen any set NOT do this. Don't worry, they won't fly off. Mine have pulled as much as 6", no issues. It does look dumb going down the road and the uppers are trying to fly off though...

Quick Reply: Besttop 2-piece doors suck