Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

bestop trektop nx

Old 01-22-2012, 07:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bestop trektop nx

who's using the bestop trektop nx? pros/cons and is it worth the $600 or should i just get a bimini top. it gets way to hot up here in the summer to run without some cover. Had just a bimini on my tj but i think being able to close in the jeep for freak afternoon rain storms would be a big bonus.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:32 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

i still run the older trektop and love it. it's not perfect but, for what i want, it does the job. i only wish the nx were available when i got mine as it really is so much nicer.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wake2wake
who's using the bestop trektop nx? pros/cons and is it worth the $600 or should i just get a bimini top. it gets way to hot up here in the summer to run without some cover. Had just a bimini on my tj but i think being able to close in the jeep for freak afternoon rain storms would be a big bonus.
I just purchased the TrekTop NX for the same reason. Had a bikini top but after a getting caught by scattered storms a few times, decided to go with the TrekTop. Love it so far!
Old 01-22-2012, 07:51 AM
JK Freak

I am running this top on my 2dr. The cons are you lose the cargo area behind head rests and it is near impossible to reinstall in cold weather.
Pros are look and the fact you get a safari top and sunrider option. The fit is good and mine doesnt leak.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TXBeachJK
I just purchased the TrekTop NX for the same reason. Had a bikini top but after a getting caught by scattered storms a few times, decided to go with the TrekTop. Love it so far!
did it come with everything you needed? i've seen some people are buying a tailgate bar? is this something you had to purchase in addition to?
Old 01-22-2012, 08:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

did it come with everything you needed? i've seen some people are buying a tailgate bar? is this something you had to purchase in addition to?
It comes with everything. The tailgate bar it comes with is a pain so many people reuse the one from their oem soft top. I love mine.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yep, came with everything needed. I ordered mine through Chris with JeepAddOns here on the forum. Purchase experience was flawless, great guy. I order just about everything through them now.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Can you still use the safari top option without the factory doors?
Old 01-22-2012, 11:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Can you still use the safari top option without the factory doors?
Haven't tried it yet but would think you can since the top comes with door surrounds.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Have had two Trektops

Had a Trektop on my 2002 TJ and now have one on my 2010 JK Unlimited.

Trektop cannot be beat. Once you master taking it on and off, it's super easy. The key is to do the steps in the same order every time.

I miss the old Trektop. It was a piece of fabric I could practically fold up like a blanket. Today, the header bar is attached to the fabric (Ugh!), so only option for me is to roll it up. No folding. Have no idea what NX owners do with the hinge? Only thing I do is throw a towel in between the windows before I roll. And most times I just unzip the back window and leave it in place as I remove/roll the top.

For rain, there is a pretty simple, but innovative overlap in the deck. When you close the doors, a piece of the top juts out like an awning. Water just rolls off as it rains.

Water will collect in the center of the top... as I have the regular Trektop, but no big deal for me.

Best part? It's killer to have the fastback look, especially on a 4 door. With some practice, this is the best top out there.

Quick Reply: bestop trektop nx