Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bestop Trectop NX

Old 05-12-2013, 06:42 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bestop Trectop NX

Does anyone have this on there rig? I would love the frame free design, but just wondering if anyone has any leaks. Don't wanna waste money on somethin' that ain't worth the money. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well ill give you my opinion on it. I love the way mine looks. I like how easy it is to take the back panels off and go. Mine does actually leak alittle on the drivers front. I contacted bestop and they are sending me some foam pieces that I've "heard" helps stop the leaking. We will see when I get back home from work. But overall I'm still happy with it reguardless.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:58 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 12HTownSahara
Well ill give you my opinion on it. I love the way mine looks. I like how easy it is to take the back panels off and go. Mine does actually leak alittle on the drivers front. I contacted bestop and they are sending me some foam pieces that I've "heard" helps stop the leaking. We will see when I get back home from work. But overall I'm still happy with it reguardless.
Thanks for the quick reply. My stock one leaks on drivers & passenger doors. They want 2 days to fix it, but it won't be fixed after 2 days anyway, so lookin at an upgrade. Post up if the foam works for ya...
Old 05-12-2013, 07:14 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There's a huge thread on this in the show and tell section with all sorts of pics, install tips, etc. I love it and am so glad I switched from the OEM top to the NX.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:27 PM
JK Newbie

I have a trektop nx on my jku and love it, no leaks and surprisingly very quiet on highway, panels go off and on fast with little trouble, quality is great all the way around.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:40 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by CajunTiger
Does anyone have this on there rig? I would love the frame free design, but just wondering if anyone has any leaks. Don't wanna waste money on somethin' that ain't worth the money. Thanks in advance.
There are a ton of people running the Trektop NX on this forum. As Afpilot said, the Trektop NX Thread is a plethora of info on it. The overall consensus is that it's an awesome top. The Sunrider and Safari Bikini features make it a super versatile and easy to use top.

I run this on my personal Jeep and I wouldn't trade it for any other top. It fits great, and is a great quality top. Just be sure to elt it sit int he sun for a little while before you attempt an install. It fits super tight the first time you install it, and the sun will help it stretch a little and make it easier to work with.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

-Zach
Old 05-13-2013, 11:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've had this top on two of my Jeeps. The JK model IMO is more user friendly. I love it and have no regrets!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3472400520.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	457413  
Old 05-13-2013, 11:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

LOVE IT! mine doesnt leak at all. guess those little foam pieces are more important than they seem...
Old 05-14-2013, 04:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well bestop sent me the new thicker foam pieces. Installed them today and when I clamped my header down it busted the header plastic around the hinge. Now its really gonna leak lol. Contacted bestop and won't be able to get a new one sent out for 2-3 weeks. Jeep will be out of commission unless its a nice day.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 12HTownSahara
Well bestop sent me the new thicker foam pieces. Installed them today and when I clamped my header down it busted the header plastic around the hinge. Now its really gonna leak lol. Contacted bestop and won't be able to get a new one sent out for 2-3 weeks. Jeep will be out of commission unless its a nice day.
That is surprising that your header busted! I would have never guessed that. Hope your weather is great until the new part comes in.

Quick Reply: Bestop Trectop NX