Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bestop Supertop NX Photos? Opinions?

Old 04-05-2013, 02:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bestop Supertop NX Photos? Opinions?

Hey everyone, I have a 2013 JK 2 door and I'm looking to buy a soft top... The Mopar tops are super pricey and Bestop has a $100 rebate going on... I've been told the Supertop NX is the closest to the factory Mopar top. Does anyone have photos of their Supertop NX?!? Anyone have opinions on it?
Old 04-05-2013, 05:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm curious here as well. Are you looking at the regular or twill top.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:24 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 3min3m2
I'm curious here as well. Are you looking at the regular or twill top.
Regular I think... The twill is darker like the new factory premium soft top which I don't like as much since its darker then The fenders and bumpers.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:28 AM
JK Newbie

Bump... Anyone?
Old 04-07-2013, 04:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have one just look at my avatar

<-------

I like it, I bought mine as a kit , bows & everything for like $700 from quadretec, install was easy as long as you follow the directions, let the fabric set in the sun for awhile to loosen it up so it stretches it'll make life easier
Mopar tops are best tops just with thier logo
hope this helps
Old 04-08-2013, 08:14 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Sandtrooper
Hey everyone, I have a 2013 JK 2 door and I'm looking to buy a soft top... The Mopar tops are super pricey and Bestop has a $100 rebate going on... I've been told the Supertop NX is the closest to the factory Mopar top. Does anyone have photos of their Supertop NX?!? Anyone have opinions on it?
Sandtrooper,

The Supertop NX basically a factory top with the Bestop logo instead of a Mopar one. Bestop has made the tops for Jeep for years.

As has been said, The Supertop NX goes on very easily and can be installed within an hour or so. The instructions are super clear and easy to follow. Bestop also has a few videos on installing it on a few different Jeeps. Leaving it sit int he sun for an hour or so will allow the fabric to loosen up a bit and make it stretch over the frame a lot easier.

We offer an exclusive discount for JK-Forum Members, along with free shipping on orders over $75. I'll shoot you the code over in a PM so you can use it on your orders!

-Zach

Last edited by XTJake; 04-08-2013 at 08:16 AM.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:26 AM
JK Newbie

Default best top

I just installed this top about a 2 week ago was easy had to watch youtube video and I got it with a free window roll no regrets.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-03-20_17-16-23_501.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	444405
Old 05-24-2013, 06:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Love my
Supertop nx
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2562262434.jpg
Views:	477
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	461267
Old 05-25-2013, 05:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the super top nx but wish I had waited for the twill......it is the nicer of the tops being thicker and less flimsy ...plus I think it looks better.

Old 05-26-2013, 05:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by XTZach

Sandtrooper,

The Supertop NX basically a factory top with the Bestop logo instead of a Mopar one. Bestop has made the tops for Jeep for years.

As has been said, The Supertop NX goes on very easily and can be installed within an hour or so. The instructions are super clear and easy to follow. Bestop also has a few videos on installing it on a few different Jeeps. Leaving it sit int he sun for an hour or so will allow the fabric to loosen up a bit and make it stretch over the frame a lot easier.

We offer an exclusive discount for JK-Forum Members, along with free shipping on orders over $75. I'll shoot you the code over in a PM so you can use it on your orders!

-Zach
I guess they have updated their instructions. I found them to be a major PITA to follow. Vague, using strange terms, having pictures that were too zoomed in, or right side up when the top was flipped over for installing stuff. I'm sure after doing a few it would easy to follow along. Having a friends to look at would help a lot too. At the time of my install they didn't have a video except for a tj which didn't help much. I wish they had a jk video at the time.

I love having a soft top. This one seems about as good as they get, but it's not flawless. Mopar is the same thing like stated before.

Starting the rear window zipper gives me issues about every time. The tail gate bar sucks, but seems to be a necessary evil to keep it water tight'ish. If you put a hose to the back window it's going to leak some by where the zipper starts. Rain stays out though.

There is a rubber seal on the tail gate bar that needs to be glued in. Mine fell off, but I was able to push it back on. It's not a huge deal.

The bend for the "sun rider" fold back feature makes putting the top up hard for 1 person. It just wants to fold up, get wonky, and slide back down.

The top doesn't always clip into the door surround without a good amount of motivating. Putting the hooks in at the windshield helps pull them into place.

I had an issue with one of the quick release knuckles breaking with my install. They were quick to get me a free replacement to their credit. I have a bit of the stitching coming undone on one of my windows. I haven't called them up about it. I may just use a dab of silicone on it.

If you roll your rear window with the supplied snap in bungees to hold it up, it had been noted several times for scratching the windows. I never tried it because of people warning against it.

Probably it won't be an issue now, but you need a sunny over 70 degree day for the top to loosen up for an hour.

Last edited by Rooster76; 05-26-2013 at 05:49 AM.

Quick Reply: Bestop Supertop NX Photos? Opinions?