Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bestop soft sunrider for hardtop

Old 11-17-2015, 08:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trek Top NX, love mine and the fastback look
Old 03-19-2016, 07:47 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

I believe I'm one of the first to have one. Very well made and easy to install. I have the tweed which is like the 14 on up premium tops.
Old 03-19-2016, 08:26 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jadmt
I believe I'm one of the first to have one. Very well made and easy to install. I have the tweed which is like the 14 on up premium tops.
Pics??????
Old 03-20-2016, 05:03 AM
JK Jedi

Old 03-20-2016, 05:17 AM
JK Junkie

Nice thanks.... So that's the top you plan on running all year now?
Old 03-20-2016, 05:26 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by robsjeep9
Nice thanks.... So that's the top you plan on running all year now?
At least for the summer I will have to see how it works out. I believe I am one of the first to try one. I can instructions are excellent and install easy around an hour by myself. I just put it on Friday so have not been in many weather extremes yet😄. It is oem quality twill and like the premium oem top slightly louder than the hard top.
Old 03-20-2016, 08:21 AM
JK Junkie

^^^^^ ok good to know ... Thx
Old 03-20-2016, 01:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jadmt
At least for the summer I will have to see how it works out. I believe I am one of the first to try one. I can instructions are excellent and install easy around an hour by myself. I just put it on Friday so have not been in many weather extremes yetdde04. It is oem quality twill and like the premium oem top slightly louder than the hard top.
Looks good! Price is a bit steep, but might need to consider. Keep us updated on how it works out. I love the concept, I am just curious about how well it keeps out the elements. Had a best-top on an old jeep and it was awesome, so my guess is there won't be issues. .
Old 03-22-2016, 07:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

That is a really cool idea and all but i could save a $100-200 more and get a full soft top. I guess you retain most of the security of a hard top in the rear though. It would be hard to justify getting one of these over a full soft top in my opinion.

What is the difference in wind noise?
Is it annoying at highway speeds when folded back?
How big of an effort would it be if you wanted to take the whole top off?
Old 03-22-2016, 10:12 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by MavisJk
That is a really cool idea and all but i could save a $100-200 more and get a full soft top. I guess you retain most of the security of a hard top in the rear though. It would be hard to justify getting one of these over a full soft top in my opinion.

What is the difference in wind noise?
Is it annoying at highway speeds when folded back?
How big of an effort would it be if you wanted to take the whole top off?
It will be about 15 minutes at most to remove it. It is very convenient to flip it back while in the driver's seat. I have been up to 70mph with the top closed and sounds about the same as my 13 did with its premium top. I have only been up to 55mph with it flipped back and it is quieter than it is with the freedom tops off. I agree some will feel a full soft top will be ideal for them. I sold my premium soft top as I did not like the lack of security when traveling. I think this is better simply because most people will not even recognize you have a soft top up front.

Quick Reply: Bestop soft sunrider for hardtop