Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bestop Safari Flapping.. fixes?

Old 05-22-2010, 09:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bestop Safari Flapping.. fixes?

I've done a search for any fixes to the Bestop Safari Top flapping. The only ones I've read about is to use 3/8" foam adhesive backed weatherstrip and stick it to the top of the sound bar, or to buy the Mopar version. Does anyone know of any other fixes for this problem?
Old 05-23-2010, 11:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I have a Bestop safari but I'm not sure. In any case, what I did was I bought a thin steel rod from Home Depot (like 3/16" or so) and I threaded it through the back webbing seam so that the rod was under the webbing in between the two straps where it attaches to the rear -- about 45" in my case. I got a small hole in the webbing started with a small round punch and then ran the rod in. After it's in, you can pull and tug the webbing back into shape so that the hole disappears. That worked for me.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:19 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pool noodle on top the sound bar

Quick Reply: Bestop Safari Flapping.. fixes?