Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

bestop safari bikini question.

Old 05-05-2011, 08:52 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BestTop Safari non mesh.
Like everyone else the top will flap against the sound bar. I store a folded and rolled flannel sheet up there to stop it and for the kids if the temp drops to lowfor them. I have been doing this for 4yrs now. No problem with stretching even in 100+ degress.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by castor07jk
BestTop Safari non mesh.
Like everyone else the top will flap against the sound bar. I store a folded and rolled flannel sheet up there to stop it and for the kids if the temp drops to lowfor them. I have been doing this for 4yrs now. No problem with stretching even in 100+ degress.
get the top prop from skid row offroad and there will be no more flapping. takes about 45 mins to install and is well worth the 40 bucks.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:25 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Nickit1981

get the top prop from skid row offroad and there will be no more flapping. takes about 45 mins to install and is well worth the 40 bucks.
I looked at those, but I would still carry the flannel sheet for the kids. So all works out.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by castor07jk
I looked at those, but I would still carry the flannel sheet for the kids. So all works out.
ha.. i always carry a blanket in my jeep.. i just couldnt handle the flutter sound anymore!
Old 05-07-2011, 01:52 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by tury
im thinking of buying a mesh safari bikini for the summer but first i want to know about the noise if it's very noisy or not so much. any body out there have one?
thanks!!
I own the Bestop Mesh. It works great, still have air flow, very little slapping, perfect to keep the direct sun from beating on the kids. Highly recommend. You can get a Bestop right now with a free quick mounting bracket.

Last edited by clwarner; 05-07-2011 at 02:03 PM.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the bestop bikini top and i bought some door surrounds for my JKU and i was wondering what the spring hinge thing on the rear surrounds is for? How does that work with the bikini? I dont own a soft top.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:16 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by nickel_13
I have the bestop bikini top and i bought some door surrounds for my JKU and i was wondering what the spring hinge thing on the rear surrounds is for? How does that work with the bikini? I dont own a soft top.
That spring loaded latch is for the soft top only. If you don't plan ob getting a soft top you can remove them. They won't hurt anything if you leave them.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:25 PM
JK Newbie

so i bought the mesh top but now the weather doesn't want to cooperate

Quick Reply: bestop safari bikini question.