Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bestop HighRock Cargo Rack Question

Old 02-11-2008, 07:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bestop HighRock Cargo Rack Question

Is anyone using the Bestop HighRock 4x4 Cargo Rack in the lower (inside) configuration? I'm interested in likes/dislikes and specifically whether it interferes with lowering the soft top and about any other shortcomings. Thanks.
http://www.quadratec.com/products/im...2F78512-lg.jpg
Old 02-11-2008, 11:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks, TxRubiRig.
I don't use the rear seat at all, so that's not an issue with me. I was thinking that with the doors locked and the alarm armed, opportunistic thieves might be deterred from reaching under the rack and trying to pull things out. (Obviously, this isn't high-level security but usually it's enough to get them to think twice.) I have both tops, and when the soft top is on, I don't like leaving things where they can be snatched by simply reaching in. I didn't know that Wallyworld existed outside of Chevy Chase's dreams -- a photo of the organizer you're talking about would be much appreciated. Again, thanks.
Old 02-11-2008, 03:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

TxRubiRig: Thanks very much for taking the time to get the photos to me -- very helpful.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:51 PM
JK Super Freak

looks to me it wont work witha soft top
Old 06-17-2009, 09:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

*BUMP* I can't seem to find much feedback on this thing. Does ANYONE have this installed with a soft top or know for sure whether it works or not?
Old 06-26-2009, 12:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by armandov99
*BUMP* I can't seem to find much feedback on this thing. Does ANYONE have this installed with a soft top or know for sure whether it works or not?
I fitted the Bestop tray a few weeks ago. With a little modding the soft top can be folded down, and it's well worth the effect to make more extra storage, every 4-door should have one.
A couple more photos and my write-up is on https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...t=bestop+cargo

Quick Reply: Bestop HighRock Cargo Rack Question