Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bestop Highrock Bumper OEM Fog Light Brackets - Need pics

Old 02-25-2012, 06:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bestop Highrock Bumper OEM Fog Light Brackets - Need pics

Recently inherited a Bestop Highrock front bumper from a friend, and it never had the fog light option. I found the correct part numbers from Bestop's installation instruction online (Bracket and plate # 279.20 and 279.21) and called Bestop to see if I could order a set. Well, I was told that they were not currently selling them separately from the bumpers, but maybe later this summer they may. That sucks. Anyway, unless I can find a set of them from an outside source, I left trying to fab some up myself.

I was wondering if anyone could take a few minutes to remove one and snap some good pics of the mounting brackets and plates so I can see what I would be up against. I get a general idea from the rough tiny drawings in the instructions, but pics of the actual parts would be so much better. Can't believe they won't sell them separately.

Old 02-25-2012, 08:40 PM
JnT
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A few days earlier and I already had my bumper off to install my winch and since we have a blizzard going on I won't be crawling under my Jeep any time soon. From what I remember the light brackets were just a plastic trim piece on the front and a plastic tube behind that the fog fit into. Used the factory screws to secure the light in and attach the front trim ring...I could be a little foggy on the details though.

Don't see why you couldn't use some tubing the fogs will fit in and then cut the angle to match the bumper then weld in place?
Old 02-28-2012, 04:07 PM
JK Freak

Plastic huh? I would have thought metal. If I can't purchase these now (from Bestop) then fabbing up my own is what I would do. Have a machinist co-worker and mine will be made out of steel. Bummer I missed you by only days. Thanks for taking the time to reply back.

Old 04-09-2012, 12:27 PM
JK Freak

Update: I got a couple scrap pieces of 4" exhaust pipe from my local exhaust shop, and had them put into my bumper.

Old 04-09-2012, 06:26 PM
JnT
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good thinking. If mine get damaged I may go that same route to fix them, but mine have been good so far.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:28 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DoubleG
Update: I got a couple scrap pieces of 4" exhaust pipe from my local exhaust shop, and had them put into my bumper.

I know this post is old but is there any chance you could snap a few pictures of what you did? I'm running into the same problem with my bumper and I'm coming up with ideas to fab something up.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:59 AM
JK Newbie

Does this bumper need to be removed to install a winch?
Old 02-28-2013, 07:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKTester
I know this post is old but is there any chance you could snap a few pictures of what you did? I'm running into the same problem with my bumper and I'm coming up with ideas to fab something up.
I am taking this bumper off my rig today so I will take some pictures of the light mounts and post them up.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Steeperjeeper
Does this bumper need to be removed to install a winch?
No the winch mounts on top of the bumper.

Quick Reply: Bestop Highrock Bumper OEM Fog Light Brackets - Need pics