Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bestop Header - tighten the screws!

Old 08-08-2012, 07:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bestop Header - tighten the screws!

I have a TrekTop NX with Bestop's factory-style header bar. I think the Supertop NX has the same header. Lately I'm noticing a growing gap between the fabric edge and windshield channel at each of the corners. Sorry I don't have pictures, but I could basically stick a quarter under the front edge of the top when it's closed.

Here's how I fixed it... I tried to adjust the cable spring to a tighter setting, but still had the same gap. Then I noticed that the header screws were all loose. These are the little screws that hold the two halves of the header together. When you're in the jeep and put your hand between the fabric and the header bar, you'll feel these screws.

With the top open you can get a right-angle screwdriver in between the fabric and header to tighten these. The two on the corners are especially hard to get at because the fabric is tight there. Each one needed a few turns.

After that the top closed tight with no gap on the windshield channel - just like new. If you have this problem on a Bestop header (and I'm guessing a factory header too), check these screws.

Quick Reply: Bestop Header - tighten the screws!