Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bestop cable safari top

Old 05-20-2013, 10:04 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Scampers: do you have door surrounds on with hard doors? Okay, that makes sense, but I can't put door surrounds on with a hard top, correct? I am going on vacation for 11 days. I want my hard top on for the drive there and back, and want to take it off while there. To use the bestop cable bikini, I'm assuming I need to put the door surrounds on from my soft top. How much of a pain is that? I've never even taken my soft top out of the boxes!
Old 05-21-2013, 02:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bobholthaus
Scampers: do you have door surrounds on with hard doors? Okay, that makes sense, but I can't put door surrounds on with a hard top, correct? I am going on vacation for 11 days. I want my hard top on for the drive there and back, and want to take it off while there. To use the bestop cable bikini, I'm assuming I need to put the door surrounds on from my soft top. How much of a pain is that? I've never even taken my soft top out of the boxes!
It is not a pain at all. Should only take you a few minutes.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Two questions about this top:

1. How easy is it to remove and reinstall? I have a 2 door, in case this is important.

2. Can it be easily stowed behind the rear seat of a 2 door?

Thanks for any input.
Old 09-20-2013, 03:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RedJupiter
Two questions about this top: 1. How easy is it to remove and reinstall? I have a 2 door, in case this is important. 2. Can it be easily stowed behind the rear seat of a 2 door? Thanks for any input.
I ask because I am considering this as my only top. I have the factory soft top. The windows are neatly rolled in the garage. I have not had them zipped in for months. This started as an experiment and has just continued. My tub is coated in Line-X and I rarely have anyone in the back seat. But I do put the top up for rain, and it has been raining in south Florida quite a lot recently. I like to be able to put up or take down the top in a couple of minutes. I am wondering if this one would be just as convenient. Like the idea of doing away with the rear pillars.
Old 10-08-2013, 03:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys.

I need some help.

I was going to buy a Bestop Cable Style Bikini and Bestop Duster. My question is regarding the duster.

Cable style bikini needs the factory door surrounds. From what I gathered, the duster does not need the door surrounds. Does this mean that duster will not fit if I have the door surrounds on ?

Sorry about the silly question. This is my first jeep

It's a 2012 unlimited wrangler by the way.. If that makes any difference ?

And also, will the wind jammer fit with the cable style bikini ? Any experiences ?

Quick Reply: Bestop cable safari top