Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bestop cable safari top

Old 04-21-2013, 10:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ExtremeTerrain
PM's have been sent guys, be sure to check your inboxes for them! We also offer free shipping on any order over $75 no matter what the size of the item.

Let me know if you have any other questions. You can also give us a call at 800-988-4605 and one of our Jeep Experts will help you out!

-Zach
Got mine ordered Friday too, thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-09-2013, 06:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Someone needs to post some more pics, please!
Old 05-09-2013, 06:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

What's the deal with the door surrounds? Some pics with the doors off or at least open would be much appreciated.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:28 AM
JK Newbie

Default Question about compatibility for 2013 Rubicon Unlimited 4 Door with Freedom Hardtop

Hi, just took delivery on a 2013 Rubicon 4 Dr Unlimited with the Freedom (3 piece hardtop)...not sure what the "door surrounds" are but looking at the instructions for the mesh Bestop cable safari top I do not see any connector above or behind doors that resemble the connection they show in the instructions....is this top compatible with 2013 unlimiteds delivered with hardtops or just soft tops? Thanks for any info!

Jeff
Old 05-16-2013, 11:56 AM
JK Newbie

Default looking at this top also

subscribing
Old 05-16-2013, 12:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

So they have a 2dr version?
Old 05-16-2013, 02:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes they have a 2 door version. I am looking into it for my 2 door.

Jeff the door surrounds are plastic inserts that frame the door for soft tips to attach to. I am new I these having had a YJ since 95. Now I have a JK. But if I read you right you only have a hard top and probably don't have the door surrounds. I believe the cable style requires these. Not sure about the safari style. The door surrounds can be bought cheaply on CL or eBay or this forum.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Jwake
Hi, just took delivery on a 2013 Rubicon 4 Dr Unlimited with the Freedom (3 piece hardtop)...not sure what the "door surrounds" are but looking at the instructions for the mesh Bestop cable safari top I do not see any connector above or behind doors that resemble the connection they show in the instructions....is this top compatible with 2013 unlimiteds delivered with hardtops or just soft tops? Thanks for any info!

Jeff
If you have a hardtop only, then you don't have the surrounds that are needed for this top. They only come with soft top or dual top Jeeps.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:12 PM
JK Newbie

Default Bestop cable safari top and door surrounds

Thanks for the info!...guess I will check out the surrounds and see if it is something you can install temporarily to accommodate the Bestop top...I like the mesh more than the Bestop Bikini Diamond Black that is suppose to fit the 2013 Unlimited but the instructions show a snap down on the bottom of the roll cage in the back that is not on my model.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:35 AM
JK Newbie

Default Bestop cable safari top

Ok...looks like those with Freedom tops will have to get the door surrounds...so, seeing I don't have a soft top...but I do want something to cut down on the sun effects and the Bestop + door surrounds will run me $450 - $500...think I will opt for the Spider Web Trail Mess top that you can keep on with your hardtop installed and only $100!

Quick Reply: Bestop cable safari top