Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bestop cable safari top

Old 04-07-2013, 04:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bestop cable safari top

Anyone with experience with the new bestop safari top? It has a built in header and some sort of cable and spring system that claims to hold it tighter. It needs the door surrounds to keep it in place.. My old one would never say tight--any thoughts??
Old 04-08-2013, 07:08 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stevedolce
Anyone with experience with the new bestop safari top? It has a built in header and some sort of cable and spring system that claims to hold it tighter. It needs the door surrounds to keep it in place.. My old one would never say tight--any thoughts??
From what I have heard, it is a huge improvement form the standard safari bikini. It fits a lot tighter than the original one, and won't flap around as much. The only real downside to this bikini to compared to a standard, is that it's a little more involved of an install and to remove if you want to be 100% topless.

We have the Bestop Cable Bikini top ready to ship out today if you order before 5 Est. Also we offer a discount for JK-Forum Members, and free shipping on orders over $75. I'll shoot you the discount code over in a PM so you can use it on your orders from us int eh future. If you have any further questions, feel free to shoot me a PM or give one of our Jeep Experts a call.

-Zach
Old 04-08-2013, 04:49 PM
JK Newbie

Does anyone have any pics of the top at the door surrounds- I was looking at this as my summer top but I want the seal between the door and the top to be a seal not a space like the safari/bikini tops Ive seen in the past. Mainly so the top isnt flapping in the wind when hit the road. It looks like the best option so far.

i have dual top option so I have all the soft top parts, but I was thinking I would use the safari june to oct along with a duster and cover or park in the garage when needed.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:54 PM
JK Newbie

As I understand it, this is very similar to the top portion of the Trektop NX. It fits awesome with door surrounds, but the back did flap in the wind before I modded it a little. Now it works very well with no flapping.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:00 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by OrthoDoc
It fits awesome with door surrounds, but the back did flap in the wind before I modded it a little. Now it works very well with no flapping.
How extensive were the Mods you made, any pics or description of what was done?

Am I correct in assuming this fits just like a soft top at the door surrounds. So any noise flapping only would happen at the rear roll bar and supports.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:59 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by stevevb

Am I correct in assuming this fits just like a soft top at the door surrounds. So any noise flapping only would happen at the rear roll bar and supports.
Steve,

While I couldn't find too many pictures of the top installed on Jeeps. I do have a copy of the Install Instructions. This should give you an idea of how it attaches and the way to top works.

Let me know if you have any questions!

-Zach
Old 04-09-2013, 05:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ExtremeTerrain
From what I have heard, it is a huge improvement form the standard safari bikini. It fits a lot tighter than the original one, and won't flap around as much. The only real downside to this bikini to compared to a standard, is that it's a little more involved of an install and to remove if you want to be 100% topless.

We have the Bestop Cable Bikini top ready to ship out today if you order before 5 Est. Also we offer a discount for JK-Forum Members, and free shipping on orders over $75. I'll shoot you the discount code over in a PM so you can use it on your orders from us int eh future. If you have any further questions, feel free to shoot me a PM or give one of our Jeep Experts a call.

-Zach

Hey Zach,

Would you mind PMing me that discount code? I already get yalls catalogs and didn't realize yall had a discount for forum members.

Thanks!
Old 04-09-2013, 06:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Also, between the Bestop cable style bikini top and the Rugged Ridge Island top, which would you recommend? Does the Island top have the cable style?
Old 04-09-2013, 09:37 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by stevevb

Across the back between the roll bars there is a piece of aluminum that comes with the top. When I'm running windows out, I replace that with a 48" threaded galvanized pipe with caps I bought at the hardware store. ZERO flapping after that!

There is a thread out there on this...
Old 04-09-2013, 09:41 AM
JK Newbie

Not mine, but from thread I got the idea from.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3161822757.jpg
Views:	613
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	444738  

Quick Reply: Bestop cable safari top