Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bestop 2 Piece Soft Doors?

Old 08-11-2013, 05:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Bestop 2 Piece Soft Doors?

Anyone have these? I've got the windshield mounted quick mirrors and am just about ready to pull the trigger on a set of these soft doors. Anyone have them? Please share your thoughts on them.

I'm wanting them to throw on when it rains and I'm far from home. They look like they'd do the trick. Any feedback from owners would be appreciated!
Old 08-11-2013, 07:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out this link

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...stalled-92231/

I have copied this from other posts I have made.

Pros - Lightweight, 1/2 doors look right on a jk with top down/ can take them with you/ you don't care if the trail or another car hits them/ cuts down on wind tunnel effect with just lowers in/ no door feeling with a place to rest your arm/ even with the doors on you have the open leg space to the left of the steering wheel like you would with no doors/ gives you a reason to bedline your interior

Cons- Noisy, bad fitment, and definitely leak but manangable , need a mirror solution, more effort to close inside and out, plastic can be a little more difficult to see through/ I want to say they are less secure, but if you have a soft top it doesn't matter

In my opinion, I can deal totally deal with the cons. My gf dislikes them sometimes because they are difficult to close and make noise when the uppers are on. I personally love them. They are not for everyone. they are not family friendly. They reduce the already low comfort level that your jeep has

I just leave the lowers in and take the uppers off and throw them in the rear until I need them. This is what I absolutely love about them. Takes literally 1 minute to put them back on before you step into your house, and 1 minute to take them both off the next day in case of rain.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Great info!! I'm in for these! I'm just going with the fronts, at this point, but will probably add the rears next year.

THANKS!!!
Old 08-11-2013, 09:18 AM
JK Newbie

These doors leak like crazy when your stopped, as long as your moving they're not as leaky. That wasn't my biggest gripe though....they're LOUD! With the top up and these doors, you need ear plugs, can't have a conversation with passenger, etc. the fabric makes popping sounds against the framework of the doors. I bought a thin sheet of styrofoam and slid it between the fabric and frame. IMO it's a must-do mod with these, unless you just want hearing loss.

Oh yeah, if the doors are locked, you can't unlock them from inside. So if you were to ever find yourself in a crash and need to get out thru a different door, your SOL! Carry a knife.

Greg
Old 08-11-2013, 09:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Got a knife and KM2's, so the noise can't be much worse than with doors off.
Old 08-11-2013, 02:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

not that good of a pic but here is the lowers

Click image for larger version

Name:	x8R40UU.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	685.2 KB
ID:	680025
Old 08-11-2013, 04:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Man, those look great!
Old 08-11-2013, 06:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

The only time they suck is when you have the uppers on. I always run without the uppers as often as possible, which means that I really don't deal with the downsides that come with the uppers. You will hate them when it rains but that's about it.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dmwil
Got a knife and KM2's, so the noise can't be much worse than with doors off.
Yes it can. It's noisier than doors off.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SBEII
Yes it can. It's noisier than doors off.
I lived with a 93 YJ with the flap-a-top, Mud Terrains, and buzzy 4 cyl. There's nothing I'm going to do to this Jeep to come even close to that. Besides, the doors will be off, except when it is raining or getting ready to rain. That's the whole purpose, for me. During the cold months, the hard doors will be on.

Quick Reply: Bestop 2 Piece Soft Doors?