Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best way to level if I already have a 2" BB installed?

Old 02-20-2013, 05:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best way to level if I already have a 2" BB installed?

I'm currently running a 2" Skyjacker Budget Boost on my 08 JK 4 door with 35" KM2's. The problem is the front sits too low, probably because I added a Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper and a winch. I want to level it out, but I am not sure what the solution is. Do I have to ditch the Skyjacker BB and replace it with a different lift kit or can I just add something to my current setup to lift the front up to level it? Any opinions are appreciated!
Old 02-20-2013, 07:01 PM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

You can stack spacers in the front, but not the back
I've had 2" and 1/2" in the front of mine for about a year with no problems. And I wheel it. But your stock springs will sag due to all that extra weight. I would recommend heavy duty springs.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:10 PM
JK Newbie

What about swapping out your stock springs for higher rated OEM springs from another jeep? For example, let's say you have 16s now, would switching those with 18s work? Probably give you a 1/2" or a tad more in added height.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:26 PM
JK Freak

Subscribed...I'm in the exact spot as the OP.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:38 PM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by BocaBlaze
I'm currently running a 2" Skyjacker Budget Boost on my 08 JK 4 door with 35" KM2's. The problem is the front sits too low, probably because I added a Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper and a winch. I want to level it out, but I am not sure what the solution is. Do I have to ditch the Skyjacker BB and replace it with a different lift kit or can I just add something to my current setup to lift the front up to level it? Any opinions are appreciated!
Maybe add a matching XHD rear bumper?
Old 02-22-2013, 06:03 PM
JK Newbie

You need to take a measurement and see how much more you need to bring the front up first. Then you can decide on several different thicknesses of spacers or even an adjustable spacer by readylift or jks

Quick Reply: Best way to level if I already have a 2" BB installed?