Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best way to hide a key. Learned a lesson today. Jeep Security

Old 12-29-2014, 07:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by j3ph3ry_j33p
you guys out west are too soft and courteous ; I run a dual battery system in my JK ; the second 12v DieHard with 950CCAs is in the rear and under the hood I have a kill-switch for it that de-couples it's current and switches it into a capacitor from an old 4x10 Fender guitar amp that is capable of 14000mA. I then have a by-pass 8 gauge grounding wire that is attached thru the driver sidedoor strap grounded directly into the sheet-metal. I get out, put-on my insulated rubber electrician gloves and open my hood after locking the JK. I flip the switch routing this second batteries juice to the exterior sheetmetal. I then close the hood and take the gloves w/ me. It is grounded via the tires on the earth unless some idiot comes along and has the gumption to touch any metal upon my Jeep, where-upon they would become the only resistor for the loop. I have had baked pigeon and squirrel for dinner multiple occasions. I would think you'd be able to have Baked Californian Goon Thief for dinner after catchin the tasty waves next time they attempt to touch your ride at your 'watched' fav break......
surfs up !

you're so full of shit its not even funny.

how do i know?

because if you killed anyone with that...you would be in jail for a very very long time.

****ing internet liers....good god.
Old 12-29-2014, 07:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by j3ph3ry_j33p
the lil' punk shoulda kept his hands off somebody else's ride. I also happen to look very chic with some swimtrunks and large electrician gloves hanging out the back pockets...
and, yes, munir ; SI units of capacitance are correctly referenced by the unit of farad (F), which is roughly equal to one coulomb per volt (1 C/V).
so full of shit.
Old 12-29-2014, 07:46 AM
JK Newbie

I scuba dive often and likewise some locals have discovered divers hidden keys and helped themselves to their belongings. I went to our local hardware store and had a couple of keys cut, they are only useful for the he door locks but they allow me to tie a piece line through the key and hang it around my neck under my wet suit. I lock my electronic key in the jeep and I also have a spare door key wire tied under the hood just incase. Total cost about $3.00
Old 12-31-2014, 12:49 AM
Former Member

Originally Posted by jksteve2013
so full of shit.
I agree...his eyes are probably BROWN
Old 12-31-2014, 12:53 AM
Former Member

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
Something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF1o0bE0M-c dual cameras. records almost 360

it won't stop them, but you can post their dumbasses to youtube...
Man that's electronic candy..the stuff they would steal first
Old 01-04-2015, 01:29 PM
JK Newbie

Default COMBO Hide a Key

So, this has been my solution for hiding my key for the last few years and it has been awesome. I mounted a master lock combo key box on the stock spare tire mount behind my spare tire. One fully electronic key fits in there just barely. I have a spare key I keep in there with no key rings or other keys on it and use it to lock up the jeep and set the security system. It's a Combo lock so works perfect. I can just barely squeeze my hand through the wheel to unlock it, but works out for me.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	KEY LOCK.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	590538   Click image for larger version

Name:	KEY LOCK-2.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	590539   Click image for larger version

Name:	411DAESHPEL._SY355_.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	590540  
Old 01-06-2015, 02:23 PM
JK-Forum Editor

Default Jeep Security: How to Hide Your Keys and Valuables

Jeep Security: How to Hide Your Keys and Valuables

From the factory, a Jeep Wrangler doesn’t present many options for securing your valuables inside of it. So, how do you store stuff when you’re out on the water?

Read the rest on the JK-Forum.com homepage. >>
Old 01-06-2015, 05:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by J Banner
Jeep Security: How to Hide Your Keys and Valuables

From the factory, a Jeep Wrangler doesn’t present many options for securing your valuables inside of it. So, how do you store stuff when you’re out on the water?

Read the rest on the JK-Forum.com homepage. >>
ABSOLUTELY love the how to!!!!!!!:beer :

Quick Reply: Best way to hide a key. Learned a lesson today. Jeep Security