Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best way for complete brake fluid flush and moving to DOT4?

Old 04-17-2012, 05:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't imagine it would take more than 2. Having worked on Mercedes for 10 years and dealing with a lot of AMG cars (they use big brembo kits), I've never had to run more than 2 liters through a system.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:01 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just FYI I've mixed dot 3 and 4 with no issues.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just did this last weekend flushing it and going to dot4... easiest way to do it (and yes a peddle pusher makes it 5x faster) is to flush the resevoir through the front driver's side break until the new clear liquid is coming out. then tighten the bleeder.

Then just bleed them farthest to closest ending with the front drivers side (which would be the second time for it). just make sure you bleed each one until the fluid coming out looks clear.

Technically speaking you can just do a normal bleed from farthest to closest, but if you are by your self clearing the resevoir through the front first will save you tons of time since you don't have to push the entirety of the resevoir to the farthest caliper before bleeding it out.

just make sure when you are done that you test the breaks before you go storming down the street whenever you are messing with the breaks.

Quick Reply: Best way for complete brake fluid flush and moving to DOT4?