Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best value for a Rubicon 4 Door lift

Old 08-05-2008, 04:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Best value for a Rubicon 4 Door lift

I have a rubicon 4 door. I have spent the last week trying to find a rubi lift thread with no luck. I have looked at TF, OME, & Rubi Express

Any advice for the Rubicon owners?

Last edited by Robar; 08-05-2008 at 04:44 PM. Reason: EDITED BLACKLISTED MANUFACTURER. PLEASE SEE FAQ
Old 08-05-2008, 04:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just ordered my Teraflex coil lift w/ shock extensions today. Talk to Joe at teraflex, he will help you out. I got out the door with the lift and wheel spacers for 600 shipped. Not to shabby, we'll see how she goes~
Old 08-05-2008, 04:29 PM
JK Newbie

Rough Country 4" - I don't think you can beat it for the price. Of course it depends on what you're going to do with it.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:46 PM
JK Jedi Master

A lift for an Unlimited Rubicon will be the same as for any Unlimited JK.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:13 PM
JK Newbie

How tall can we get with stock rubicon shocks (red)
Old 08-05-2008, 05:34 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by joshua314
How tall can we get with stock rubicon shocks (red)
i would not recommend going over 2", but why keep stock shocks? most kits come with good shocks. i have a BDS lift and it rides better now then it did stock. BDS also comes with discos. but all the lifts are similar under 3"
Old 08-05-2008, 05:40 PM
JK Newbie

how high can we get and still retain the factory disco's ?
Old 08-05-2008, 06:04 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by joshua314
how high can we get and still retain the factory disco's ?
i know three is ok, but i think you could get away with four. We will need to have someone w/4 respond and let us know.

i like 3 inch ride, i don't think 4" would be much stiffer. i think at 4 though you will be looking at new control arms to bring the axle forward more. not sure on that though. i know 3 was the magic # on my ZJ after that steering geometry off, trackbars off, control arms off etc.

i like the KISS (keep it simple stupid) method but then my JK is a 70mi/day daily driver as well

less parts to malfunction closer to stock geometry the way the vehicle was designed to operate.

before i get blasted i will qualify by saying those of you who wheel much more often will have a different criteria to base there mods on. the reason i got this rubi is its stock ability blows any other off road vehicle away. i mean elc. sway bar disco. front rear lockers etc. awsome stuff
Old 08-05-2008, 06:13 PM
JK Newbie

Default 07 rubi

i have a 4" lift on mine and i opt to get discos on mine but you can just get the extended sway bar links. by the way mine also rides better than stock.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

You can lift it 8 inches if you want... as long as you get the longer links to fit that much lift. the amount of lift has nothing to do with it. I know you are looking for a lift for your "4 Door Rubicon" but it sounds like you think its a totally different vehicle... any lift for the jk is going to work.. it all depends on your budget and the amount of lift you are looking to achieve. I love my 4 inch Superlift and it rides better than stock. A lot of companies use Superlift for their vehicles they modify then sell. All in all there are a lot of different companies out there.. most have great products.. If you are a first time lifter might be better to go with a company that offers an entire package that will include EVERYTHING you will need.... Superlift, Rubicon Express and others offer this... Some companies leave the accesories up to you... might involve a little more trial and error. Black Diamond also offers a nice 3 inch lift that includes everything you will need.

GOOD LUCK!

Quick Reply: Best value for a Rubicon 4 Door lift