Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

best tune for a 6spd

Old 12-03-2010, 11:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best tune for a 6spd

I just recieved my flashpaq yestereday and I'm trying to find the best tune for it. I've done my searching and havent found much. I read someone saying to adject the revs? Thanks again. Also all i have is a drop in k&n right now.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:16 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, with my 6spd, I ran 87 Tune for a few months on 87 Octane but got the dreaded ping/knock when I downloaded the latest version back in May 2010. I have been running my 6spd with the tow tune with 87 Octane since July 2010 and to be honest there is not much difference in power...but the nice thing about the tow mode...no ping/knock. I am running a Snorkel with AFe drop-in filter.

Also, if you off-road be sure to try the crawl tune
Old 12-03-2010, 12:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Also I've heard its best to actually measure your tires instead of going my the size? I know I have stock rubi tires but the only measure out to 31".

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Old 12-03-2010, 12:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

I use 91 performance tune and its great
Old 12-03-2010, 05:09 PM
JK Newbie

I'm on the 91 tune right now and it is more responsive and feels like it has more pep. I tried the tow tune with 92 octane and it felt weird starting. Hard to explain but almost sluggish. For the time I'm more concerned about scooting around DC area traffic so I went with the 91 tune. Next time I go wheeling I will try the crawler tune.

Quick Reply: best tune for a 6spd